Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

Se7eN

Also, I wanna add, if any of you plan to do your clutch and never have done it with the engine in the car.... It is not a very easy thing to do. Don't do like me and try to complete it in 2 days... My fucking neck and back are killing me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I've lowered the trans 2 times, on a lift and it was still a PITA cause I still had to do it basically on the floor to keep the engine supported.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #402
So the way I usually have done it had been the containers of fluid I buy have that small tube and I push that tube inside a silicon hose I have but that's why I was thinking funnel cuz I'll have to basically poor the stuff that comes out into a wider mouth. The funnels like 3 dollars though so it's worth a shot. I just hope 8 1/2 inches is enough.... Hehe

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #403
I've lowered the trans 2 times, on a lift and it was still a PITA cause I still had to do it basically on the floor to keep the engine supported.
Did you have help? Or were you alone like me? My wife refuses to help me lol. She says she's had enough of this car.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Invest in a transmission jack it will make your life much easier. I totally understand doing everything yourself, and the neck and back pain that goes with it. That's why I don't work in a shop anymore.

The easiest transmission I've ever dropped was a Nissan Maxima so much room.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Invest in a transmission jack it will make your life much easier. I totally understand doing everything yourself, and the neck and back pain that goes with it. That's why I don't work in a shop anymore.

The easiest transmission I've ever dropped was a Nissan Maxima so much room.

I Bought a Motorcycle/ Transmissin jack at Vatozone for $12.00+tx on clearance...What a steal originally $179.00.:cool:. My future is so bright I gotta wear shades! [drummer]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I Bought a Motorcycle/ Transmissin jack at Vatozone for $12.00+tx on clearance...What a steal originally $179.00.:cool:. My future is so bright I gotta wear shades! [drummer]
I don't understand how you get so lucky with these deals who manages that darn AutoZone.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's so cheap I"m dubious of it's safety.
They decided to quit carrying them....Put the tag out and should've pulled it but failed due to a lot of Slap nuts McDougal's working there.....I used to work for them...I know their hiring practices.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't understand how you get so lucky with these deals who manages that darn AutoZone.

I will usually cruise through there once a month just looking for deals....Sunday mornings I have found the best deals. FYI.

Erick_V

Idk if you pulled the axle out yet but when I replaced my driver side I pissed fluid everywhere and luckily had an extra container of Ravenol on hand (always have an extra container of every fluid just in case). Cut the top of a gallon jug place it under the trans and catch the fluid and then you can put it back in and keep your floors clean 🤟🤟 wish I thought of that before hand but you live and learn lol

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #413
Alright guys, so the spec clutch AND pressure plate are shot. Stock clutch and flywheel went in yesterday as well as a fresh power pull to confirm it's happy and we are back in business. Gonna try having the fidanza flywheel resurfaced but may not be able to as it's a insert. I don't understand what causing the spring mounts in the pressure plate to break the studs... Also, the clutch is completely glazed now, no material to grab anything means there's no hope for it. Gonna see if spec has an explanation for any of this because even if I had the thing in backwards I don't understand why the damn pressure plate broke.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #415
Dude I did too. I though it was good no slips but 50 miles later it got so bad the car was almost undrivable. That pressure plate damage is brand new.