Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #461
Its been being tuned since February man. And honestly, if it can't reach even close to my goals now, I don't expect me to be able to work anything out. So I'm just going bigger, and ball bearing will help a ton with spool speeds.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Se7eN

New accessories in route. Garrett 660 peron kit, new uprated hpfp, bravo alpha lpfp, uprated injectors, new map sensor(5 bar). Gonna need more traction. Hit me up with known good ideas for increasing width of tires. Not a huge fan of flares so would prefer a different option.

dang

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #466
Starting to install what I can while I wait for the rest of the kit. To anyone who wants to go the pump and injectors route for simplicity, it's not as easy as plug and play and requires some finesse. You need to bend the pump to fuel rail hard line in order to meet the new position. The pump moves this position further from the fuel rail cuz it sticks out. You also have to cut the section off the engine cover I marked and showed with pictures. My fueling line routing is a disaster right now and I've ordered some ptfe fittings and hoses to remedy this.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #467
I also forgot to mention, you need 2 washers on the inside bolt of the 2nd plug coil. The reason for this is that screw hits the pump. I'm gonna come up with a better solution for this eventually and will share.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #469
So I did something today. Hopefully they don't leak. New ptfe lines to replace the hard line and the other fuel line I had. Had to trim some more.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #470
For anyone curious to know, perons 4 port, as well as the stock fuel rail and hpfp are all 6an fittings.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #472
did you get the injectors? if so what's the part # ? lol
Injectors are the uprated ones ron sells. If you need the part number for the stock ones I can try to pull it off my old ones though.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #473
Finally, the turbo kit is in route ... I had ron rush ship it. It'll be here Tuesday

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #474
That lpfp is gonna take a minute though. It'll be shipped to me in probably 3 weeks from now still

Injectors are the uprated ones ron sells. If you need the part number for the stock ones I can try to pull it off my old ones though.

Hey @Rocketst when u were shopping for the uprated injectors did you give thought at all to what puma speed says about why they modified their injectors? I guess what I'm asking is it makes sense what they say about nozzle position. I mean think about with meth injection how crucial placement is and how significant the new AEM v3 nozzles impact the performance of the methanol reaching its intended goals. Granted the change in injector position is small but I think about how picky and precise I am told to be with spark plug gap. Sorry went on a tangent there but have been wanting to ask the question. I didn't search the forum to see if this has already been beaten to death. So I apologize greatly. Good luck with that awesome built I have been so wanting to do the full mrx block but it's always been I can afford either the top or the bottom not both with the crank too. But I guess start on the bottom and work my way up no sense in adding more intake and exhaust flow if your motor is already at risk. Cheers!

P. S. What a novel my God good luck

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #476
Hey @Rocketst when u were shopping for the uprated injectors did you give thought at all to what puma speed says about why they modified their injectors? I guess what I'm asking is it makes sense what they say about nozzle position. I mean think about with meth injection how crucial placement is and how significant the new AEM v3 nozzles impact the performance of the methanol reaching its intended goals. Granted the change in injector position is small but I think about how picky and precise I am told to be with spark plug gap. Sorry went on a tangent there but have been wanting to ask the question. I didn't search the forum to see if this has already been beaten to death. So I apologize greatly. Good luck with that awesome built I have been so wanting to do the full mrx block but it's always been I can afford either the top or the bottom not both with the crank too. But I guess start on the bottom and work my way up no sense in adding more intake and exhaust flow if your motor is already at risk. Cheers!

P. S. What a novel my God good luck

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Not really sure about injectors, I haven't researched them too much.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #477
Alright guys, update time. So this has been a royal pain in the ass. I'm one of those guys who in most situations can uninstall everything(turbo, manifold entire front of the car) in about 2 hours and the next day have the whole thing put back together. So a few things about this kit. The screamer pipe doesn't fit anywhere. There's already so much space taken up from the enormous manifold. Just to get a bitch in I had to take out my hpfp and it was still tight. The turbos angle coming off the manifold it tilted towards the engine and a lot of swearing was needed to get the v band on while trying to avoid a 22 lb turbo smacking me in the face. After that I put in the wastegate which I upped from 14 psi to 19 psi due to the amount of boost I'll need to be running. The screamer pipe was cut and is now a screamer nub. The downpipe was about the only thing in this kit that didn't need a lot of cussing to install, just some fiddling with the v band and some luck. The charge pipes are not compatible with the setup I had. I ended up having to cut a section off of my old cpe hot side pipe, use an adapter hose to go from 2-2.5 piping then swing the entire pipe around the radiator bracket as it did not want to line up with the bravo alpha intercooler hoses. I made the mistake of telling adam I had a 5 bar sensor when I have a 3.5 bar map sensor so the car is still down but I managed to get the turbo primed with oil. I ran to AutoZone and replaced the line that peron sent me with some fuel/pcv line which I know is stronger and more durable. I heat sleeved the vacuum hoses running behind the motor cuz that stainless is going to radiate heat like crazy. Hope you guys like the pictures. I'm not taking it apart for a while....

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #478
For those of you who notice it in the pictures, yes I'm running 2 bovs ;)

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #479
Also the check valve is temporary until I can get the right fitting for that section. But that check valve is good to about 300 psi so I doubt it'll pop.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #480
Cars drivable. Had to find out where the compressor fitting was on the turbo and now boost pressure is correct now too. Hitting 22 psi on a 19 psi spring on just spring pressure.