Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #483
It really doesn't translate well on paper how this graph feels though. Its like, as soon as 4500 rpm rolls around the car just spikes its air mixture and is a rocket. I can barely shift fast enough sometimes because of how quickly it starts revving after 4500. I'm not slipping at all in this graph. I tried doing 3rd gear pulls but I just make too much power and my gear ratio is too quick to do pulls in that gear. I feel like by the end of this I'm gonna need to start doing fifth gear pulls. Also, car gets up to 140 really quick haha. Mind you, this is all at spring pressure. It's got a 19 psi spring in it. We aren't even at normal boost yet. I assume Adam will crank it up after this.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think its the whole entire Peron Garrett setup Vs the Pumaspeed that you had been running* Ill put money on it I will say the same thing when i install my DHM kit soon. All things new create a feeling of exhilaration that gets old with time as we get used to it and it loses its luster but still is enjoyable...Just not like it was the first time.

Last edited:
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #485
So I'm starting to do a lot of math on my build and I'm learning very quickly it's in my best interest to run a air to water intercooler. Standby more to come.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I'm starting to do a lot of math on my build and I'm learning very quickly it's in my best interest to run a air to water intercooler. Standby more to come.

What math are you doing? I can't see this statement being super accurate unless you are drag racing and want the benefit of adding ice to the water reservoir for the air-to-water intercooler. How much boost are you running? I would expect that turbo to be pretty efficient for a 1.6l engine.

Obviously I could also be very wrong as well :)

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #487
What math are you doing? I can't see this statement being super accurate unless you are drag racing and want the benefit of adding ice to the water reservoir for the air-to-water intercooler. How much boost are you running? I would expect that turbo to be pretty efficient for a 1.6l engine.

Obviously I could also be very wrong as well :)
So I'm using Garrett's boost adviser. Upgrading to an air to water intercooler will allow me to run less boost (6 psi less actually) to achieve the same power (in this example 575 hp) by oversizing the radiator I can also eliminate heat soak that commonly plaques these setups on daily drivers and I can still keep costs relative to what I'd spend on a whoosh intercooler because these parts don't cost too much.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #488
So essentially I'd be looking at 36 psi, charge temps 50 degrees above ambient, 575 hp 373 tq at 8k rpm

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #489
I'm seeing about 20-25 degrees over ambient with my current intercooler .. at half that psi

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hmmm....I have the same intercooler.... no issues with being that much over ambient *

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bravo Alpha. We went for a drive last night. I have the same one and a full sweep of 3rd and then a little bit of 4th and mine was 22* over ambient too. I honestly think the whoosh performed better.
Whats the Temps there? Here it's 40° ....even when its hot out like 80°s and humid it still doesn't get to that level.

Hmmm....I have the same intercooler.... no issues with being that much over ambient *

Yours also seemed to fit a lot better though. I followed your install thread. Mine required a bunch of cutting. Overall it seems my charge temps were better with my whoosh before but idk if I can get that on now with what I cut.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yours also seemed to fit a lot better though. I followed your install thread. Mine required a bunch of cutting. Overall it seems my charge temps were better with my whoosh before but idk if I can get that on now with what I cut.
What did you cut?

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #498
Which intercooler?

Bravo alpha. Look I get it, it's a good intercooler for the price but I need bigger than one space will allow. I have enough room for another radiator if I delete the intercooler, and a big radiator at that, then I can get either a barrel style or he'll go all out and get a huge intercooler and I'll never have to worry. Cost wise, I'm looking at between 600-800 bucks. And my temps rise over ambient until some extreme boost. Also, by upping the tolerance of the boost cooling system I'm allowed to lay down some serious power a vastly lower boost pressures. I think that's the real benefit for me, less boost for bigger gains.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #499
Also, you guys know me better than that. I'm not just gonna bash a product just cuz it didn't own up to my expectations. And even then, the bravo alpha did meet my expectations. But after I realized how much boost I was gonna need to hit my goal, heat management is coming center stage. It's gonna be a real issue.

Also, you guys know me better than that. I'm not just gonna bash a product just cuz it didn't own up to my expectations. And even then, the bravo alpha did meet my expectations. But after I realized how much boost I was gonna need to hit my goal, heat management is coming center stage. It's gonna be a real issue.

Yeah, I’m not trying to bash it either. Just sharing my experience with it. Obviously you’ve got different goals for your car and your power ceiling is a lot higher than mine.