Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #523
Alright guys, sorry I haven't given y'all an update in a week. I'm currently sealing everything up. For those of you who have been following my thread a while, I had this guy Rob work on my car. He's a performance mustang guy but apparently that's all he is good for. Im still chasing down problems he caused me. One of the things I noticed upon installing the hpfp is I got a gawd awful smell of gas that permiated around the car. It was terrible and I thought it was just the catless exhaust but it seems much worse than the 2j I had installed. So I disconnected the hose from the valve cover to the intake and found out the o ring had literally fallen off. Ordered a new fiesta se pcv hose for 30 bucks, cut the fitting off and bam fixed. Then I figured out the hose that runs that length had 2 holes in it so I needed to replace that. I also added the catch can back in cuz I'm noticing a problem with the fueling. Also I can smell the gas during oil changes without the catch can so since I have it I just put it back on. I needed to order some new hose cuz I had to cut the other hose off. I'm also fooling around with the oil return off the turbo still and trying to make a leak proof solution.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
It has become clear that a lot of technicians are simply parts replacers and lost the ability to troubleshoot issues.

Glad you've got it sorted! Excited for you!!

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I think this is just about as best as can be done on pump gas. I think my next vdyno post will be e85. Looks like the max I can push is 26 lbs. Adam says anymore than that and I'm gonna be past the knock threshold on 93.
View attachment 38330
That is wild for 93. Looks awesome man. Glad things are finally coming together for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Super pumped you'll be putting serious miles on the car this year!!

Tune+ has done a great job with my car, I'd have no issue recommending him others - good to hear he's worked his magic on yours too.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #528
Super pumped you'll be putting serious miles on the car this year!!

Tune+ has done a great job with my car, I'd have no issue recommending him others - good to hear he's worked his magic on yours too.
Thanks man but honestly you guys responding is why I haven't thrown in the towel yet.... There's been many a night I'm just sitting there wondering what the hell I'm doing then I think of all the guys who like this shit and I'm like well if I don't figure it out, no one will know haha. Not to say I don't like it but there's a point in this build where it turned from fun to work on to just straight annoying sometimes. It's still the most fun I've ever had driving a car and I'm surprising myself everyday on what can't keep up with this little car.

It has become clear that a lot of technicians are simply parts replacers and lost the ability to troubleshoot issues.

Glad you've got it sorted! Excited for you!!
That’s sort of the reality with working on anything with modern electronics. You plug a computer into it, tre computer runs a test and tells you what to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Se7eN

So I think this is just about as best as can be done on pump gas. I think my next vdyno post will be e85. Looks like the max I can push is 26 lbs. Adam says anymore than that and I'm gonna be past the knock threshold on 93.
View attachment 38330
with I could get to that must power on the crappy "93oct" we have around these parts

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Fuck me, that's smooth and spicy. Lookin' good!!

Most importantly, how's it drive?? You enjoying it??

EDIT - Not sure on all your mods - do you have an LSD???

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #534
Fuck me, that's smooth and spicy. Lookin' good!!

Most importantly, how's it drive?? You enjoying it??

EDIT - Not sure on all your mods - do you have an LSD???
Yeah I have an lsd. It drives pretty smooth but 4th is longer than I'd like it haha. It feels like I'm just going forever.

aw man... wish the issues would stop. nice build for sure. yalls builds got me wanting to buy a sedan and start wrenchin! should probably dump my ranger project.

how are you liking the current exhaust?

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #539
I actually haven't seen him since the last time he posted here but I've figured out I need to use 2.3l head studs to get above 400 reliably and I need to sleeve the block.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #540
Nothing's broken yet but I'm gonna need to buy a new motor to meet my goals. Apparently mountune mrx longblock solves none of the issues with the blocks construction. These being the spaces between cylinders, thin cylinder walls, weak studs. I'm gonna need to save up to buy Adams engine. It's gonna be over 10k