Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #542
^^^Is Mr. Brunson's lump gonna be billet??
He hasn't said much. Being secretive as always but he is working with a custom cnc shop. It wouldn't surprise me if they cnced billet blocks but I can't imagine it being just 10k. The Thor block alone is 140 grand and the only billet block I know of.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #543
So here's where I'm at with the tune. Second revision e50. Y'all will notice this is considerably lower than my other posts. Silly me forgot to change the final gear ratio because I'm not using 3.82 anymore... I also needed to make some repairs as you can see by the title of the log haha. I've managed to damage my wheel bearing and have lost vss for about 15 mins during the first part of driving when I first start it. This is a minor annoyance. I just ordered brand new knuckles, bearings, abs rings, and retaining rings to fix this as well as ordered brand new axles (don't ask) and rons big brake kit. I'll have pictures as soon as the axles get in as I'm waiting on them to ship. They were special order. Notice that wonky fuel trim throughout the run? Not sure whats going on there.
dyno e50.jpg

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #544
So after the drama that was displayed on Facebook and Adam displaying his immaturity, ego, and condescending know it all attitude in addition to attempting to bash me on Facebook I've left all groups there and am going to stop talking to him. I don't think I'm going to continue the tune any further with him. This is a shame because it'll be the 3rd tuner whose come and gone. He isn't just an asshole, he will belittle you and say he knows best and unless your willing to do exactly what he says your not going to see another tune. Common occurrences are him making you spend a lot of money on repairs you may not need for the sake he said it's a problem. I'm just overall done with this guy. He has almost turned me off with completing the car altogether.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #546
So over this past Thursday I replaced the hub assemblies with brand new abs rings, bearings, hubs and knuckles, installed 2 brand new cv axles and installed whooshes bbk. I have fixed all my weird rotational noises and really still don't know where they were coming from but I noticed when I checked the part number from my new verified cv axle on the driver's side that they were different from the one I removed which I had replaced after I got into a wreck. So it's possible I had bought an SE axle. The brakes Ron sells are very well made and I think if I had to compare to stock, braking power is 4x what it was.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #552
Car overheated today after a 30 min idle warming up before I headed out to work. Got 240 on the dash before I noticed so it's not engine killing overheating but it looks like something's up with my fan. I started blasting the heat, pulled out and within 15 mins of driving managed to get it down to 197 which is good. I'm worried about this being intermittent though because when I started driving shit started working, the fan turned on. So either it was a fluke or something in the electrical system for the fan ie a relay fuse or the fan itself is faulty. Anyways, everything works for now. I installed the ba fuel pump finally and it works just fine. I need to get it tuned for the car though as it's adding quite a bit of fuel and having trouble maintaining afr at certain rpms but it's a lot less of a problem than I thought it'd be. I'm gonna be purchasing new charge pipes since I'm not using the tial bov anymore, I'll be purchasing ron's. I'll also be getting the Garrett intercooler because their cores are rated very conservatively and it should be more than sufficient for my goal. I'm also considering purchasing the new swave summit braces, anyone have a review on these? Other than that, my builds pretty much rounded out. I've also figured out how to run e85 on the fiesta and it's not for the faint of heart. For the s280, joe shmoe could buy the pump and run aux and be fine at 340 but the system can't flow enough for full e85 past that, the instructions of the pump indicate this as our fuel line is too small. For us to run this system we need 1 340 in stock hat fuel pump feeding a surge tank running a 340 in the surge tank feeding another external pump with uprated injectors, xdi pump, and aux fuel that's running nothing less than 135 lb injectors or 1400cc. This is a 600 hp capable e85 system and as you can see, it's pretty insane what you need to get that power from the motor on that fuel. Eventually I'll delve into it but I want a reliable 600 hp motor first. I have a reliable 400 up motor so I can't blow it up just yet, it's still my daily

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #553
So seeing as Adam doesn't think I follow through with his recommendations.... Here's some photos taken of pistons 1 and 4 which were bdc at the time, can't turn the crank right now so 2 and 3 are gonna remain a mystery. I don't see any issues with these pistons. Looks like there may be pitting on the face but as I get closer with the scope it starts refracting a lot of light which makes me think it's actually just oil from blowby. Today I also put on the new 15mm spacers, swapped the wastegate spring to a 14psi spring and replaced the solenoid as well as moved it.

While running full E85 with a drop in pump and aux may or may not fuel your goal of 600whp, I can vouch that it’ll easily feed north of 380whp. I’ve run full E85 on my GTX2860 setup for 2 years at that power, and have had zero issues. It’s an AEM 340lph in a slightly modded stock fuel bucket and Strat 4 port aux. I constantly test out at E80+. Lowside fuel pressure reads no less than 90+psi at 7k rpm, and FRP stays at somewhere around 2966psi at full send and never drops. AFR’s are a solid 11.5 at 34psi of boost. So the drop in is feeding it full corn just fine. I would imagine that it may start to drop off at the 450-500whp range, but I don’t ever plan to take it that far, so I’m not certain on that.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
So after the drama that was displayed on Facebook and Adam displaying his immaturity, ego, and condescending know it all attitude in addition to attempting to bash me on Facebook I've left all groups there and am going to stop talking to him. I don't think I'm going to continue the tune any further with him. This is a shame because it'll be the 3rd tuner whose come and gone. He isn't just an asshole, he will belittle you and say he knows best and unless your willing to do exactly what he says your not going to see another tune. Common occurrences are him making you spend a lot of money on repairs you may not need for the sake he said it's a problem. I'm just overall done with this guy. He has almost turned me off with completing the car altogether.

I walked away from tuning with Adam before I even got the first revision for my 2860. Jason @ Dizzy got it running beautifully. You’re not alone

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #557
So boost pressure is a okay. It actually hits 16psi max now with the 14 in and since wgdc is actually on when testing it means it's working perfectly. I have made amends with Adam and tbh I'm glad he's still going to tune the car, I don't have 300 to drop on someone new. Today or tomorrow I will be taking pictures of the install the the Garrett intercooler I ordered, the airtec charge pipes (really surprised they look so good don't see many running them), fixing my fan with an experimental part that AutoZone says doesn't fit my car [emoji14] I'll fill you guys in later as this may save people's at least a 100 dollars on a new fan. I'll also be uploading a new video of the car soon doing a pull to redline since there are so many changes. Also, will be testing out Garretts core design, they say it's very efficient so I'll be offering comparison data on the bravo alpha vs Garretts with the 660

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #558
Okay guys so I made progress today. Here's the inside scoop I was telling you guys about. It's a dormant motor controller. Mine burnt up somehow and I needed to find a replacement. I got some quick disconnects and soldered the wires off the fan to extend them and used this controller. Just fired the car up and it runs.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #559
The replacement unit from ford includes the fan, the replacements for other brands don't include the controller which I'm told frequently burns out. So the full replacement from ford ranges from 240-450 dollars depending where you get it. As you can see the motor controller itself was much less expensive.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #560
So this is now the second part I've installed on the car that's "not supposed to fit". In all honesty, in experience if it looks the exact same and says it fits "insert ford here" it'll fucking work.