Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #561
Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to water proof that part of the electrical system

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #563
Easy....just glob clear silicone all over it; connectors and all. Never be a problem again.
I actually working on sealing the terminals inside of the old connector. I plan to drill it all the way out with a 3/8 bit and use the waterproof grommets that came with it to seal it. I'm pretty sure it'll work as I'm about half way to completing it

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #564
So I have the fun project tomorrow of modifying the airtec 2.5 in hot side to fit the 2 inch peron j hose the kit I have came with. I'm gonna be using a lot of lube... Probably the map gas torch and a lot of cussing but that bitch won't ever be coming off. Bad thing is, I need to trim the hot side hard pipe shorter cuz it's far too long as it is but everything should line up fine. That'll mean my restriction will only be the I pipe coming down but I'd be okay with that. I'm reading that 2 inch pipe can't really support the power level I'm looking for which is why I'm trying to go bigger. I think my minimum cfm will be around 600 so it'd be nice if a manufacturer made a 2.25 Id kit but unfortunately everyone decided to go 2.5 so it is what it is.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #565
Picture of the airtec in the hot side coupler. Dude this was an absolute bitch lol. Also some progress I made on the mount for the intercooler. Also, I have a new secret project I'm working on to see if it's worth anything but it involves using the windshield washer pump to cool the intercooler with automization sprayers.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #566
When the bars finished I'll be priming it with self etching primer and painting gloss black with automotive enamel paint. I think it'll look nice when it's complete and be very secure as I used 1/8 inch angle. It's very sturdy. I'll also be changing out the hardware with stainless to combat rust and seizing of the threads.

I have a new secret project I'm working on to see if it's worth anything but it involves using the windshield washer pump to cool the intercooler with automization sprayers.
Yeah that was thing in F1 back in the late 70s into the early 80s, if I remember correctly. It works. That wasn't the intention, however. It was to start with that weight and dump it so the car was lighter; a car was allowed to lose weight from expendable fluids like fuel, and in this case, water. But yea, it works to some extent.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yeah that was thing in F1 back in the late 70s into the early 80s, if I remember correctly. It works. That wasn't the intention, however. It was to start with that weight and dump it so the car was lighter; a car was allowed to lose weight from expendable fluids like fuel, and in this case, water. But yea, it works to some extent.
It's a thing in rally too. Evos came with it from the factory. It was a factory performance upgrade for the Neon SRT4 as well. Probably other factory cars too.

Erick_V

Had the same idea for the IC sprayer. I was going to mount the sprayers to the top of the opening to the IC and use the rear windshield washer line so I could use the stalk to spray. My rear wiper is deleted anyways.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #575
So the airtec pipes, while don't get me wrong the welds are good quality and the bends are phenomenal, they lacked a really good brace even though they at least thought about it. The brace that comes with the cold side pipe is sheet metal probably 16 gauge but I'm gonna be replacing it with 1/8 inch plate because I need it to 1 be shorter so it doesn't hit my fan controller and 2 I want it to hold against anything especially if I get into a wreck and the intercooler brace bends or some shit. I want the charge pipes staying where I put them.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #576
So upon first tests, car runs great. Charge temps are looking to be 5 degrees above ambient cruising, sometimes dropping to 3 above. Wot charge temps don't go past 10 so far. Running 14 lbs of boost currently

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #580
So still haven't tried out the intercooler sprayer. As I've gone through this journey of working on the car I've sort of realized my novice approach at wrenching isn't really working so I've had to up my game. I've noticed a lot of problems with work I've personally done to the car and since switching tuners to Jason, I'm noticing I need to take this a little more seriously. So upon a very thorough inspection of everything screwed up with my car, here goes what I did this week....
Changed out my bent DNA control arms for new OEM ones, reseated the wastegate properly this time, wrapped the manifold because it melted my bpv line, replaced the bpv line with new hose, replaced the exhaust manifold gasket and tightened to torque all bolts back there, got an alignment currently rocking 3 degrees negative camber to fit the giant 215/40/17 wheels with 15mm spacers on the front, put in new knock sensors by ford's procedure (I definitely did this wrong originally) then torqued the bolts to 13 lbs, installed new intake manifold gaskets on both the aux fuel and intake manifold, replaced the tb with a new one and put a brand new gasket in for that, installed DNAS front crossmember support under the car and spaced it from the exhaust so it stopped hitting, resealed the injectors with ford's OEM injector sealer kit but didn't replace the Teflon rings and added new mounts all around. I'm currently running whooshes street mount with 2 brand new OEM side mounts with powerflex street inserts. The results of all this being around 7 lbs of boost being added. Before I did all this Jason's tune made 18 psi at 6k rpms. Now his tune makes 25.1 psi at 5k rpms. I also no longer stall when stopping (p2282 code was being caused by that melted bpv hose). All of you may be asking why it took me so long to fix all this crap and honestly 1 reason is I've gotten lazy. The second is just I don't have a lot of time but I had a solid week to knock shit out and this is what I did. I think I've done enough to not have any issues for 50k miles but we will see.