Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Issue With Step by Step Directions Through AA & Sync

Anyone have issues recently with spoken step by step directions?

Not sure if this is a SYNC or Android Auto issue. Worked fine before an update for both.

All of the settings should allow the spoken step by step directions to play through the car speakers. Google Maps works fine on it's own, as well as AndroidAuto when coming out of the phone speakers. But when I have the phone connected via USB I don't get any step by step directions playing through the car speakers. Everything else seems to work with AA and Sync.

2019 Fiesta ST.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
If you are connected by USB, you are on Android Auto. Everything will be dependent on the phone settings then. Does music play OK through AA?

OP
MMMST
Thread Starter #3
I haven't played music, I'll have to try that, but it is through AA.

The map is displayed on the screen and I can give voice commands. The only issue I seem to have is the Voiced Step by Step directions in Google Maps via AA

OP
MMMST
Thread Starter #4
If you are connected by USB, you are on Android Auto. Everything will be dependent on the phone settings then. Does music play OK through AA?
Well, music through AA allows the step by step directions to come through!....but it won't work while I have CD as my music source even though the Maps is displayed on the screen. Not a big deal if that's just the way it is, but it's strange that it works with XM Radio as the source but not CD.

I've only owned the car a few months so I guess I just never noticed this haha!

Thanks.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Odd. I don't use CDs to any extent, so I've never tried it. How about AM/FM radio as the music source? For that matter, I hate voice navigation, so I always turn it off anyway.

Sam4

Oh. What happened to 4th step inventory and personal defects. I mean AA, right? Oh, Android Auto not AA....never mind.