Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Issues contacting Ron?

Trader history for Detcader (0)

Patience is key, Ron at Whoosh is good for getting orders out somtimes it takes a little longer its a smaller operation after all. Yeah its frustrating but I can personally assure you that @ron@whoosh is good on fulfillment. I think we are all a little too use to the likes of amazon getting our stuff instantly myself included.

iammacey

Premium Account
Is a week acceptable time for an email response?

Still waiting
I would recommend emailing him again or calling. It could have been missed. Could have dropped to Spam. He could have responded and it got stuck in an Outbox or just didn't deliver.

I prefer to assume positive intent, especially when it's an anomaly like this.

I would recommend emailing him again or calling. It could have been missed. Could have dropped to Spam. He could have responded and it got stuck in an Outbox or just didn't deliver.

I prefer to assume positive intent, especially when it's an anomaly like this.
Right. Dude deserves the benefit of the doubt from my experience with him.

SteveS

I don't know Ron, but based on comments in this thread, it appears he has a relatively small operation (in terms of numbers of employees). I, too, own a small business (signs and graphics) with only two employees. This winter and spring have completely buried us with work. The backlog just grows and grows, and new business pours in daily. If we tried to maintain our normal level of service in terms of answering calls and emails about order status, the backlog would grow even faster because we'd never actually do any production work. I could literally spend all day answering the phone and emails and giving out price quotes and order status, and never make a single sign. At some point I have to decide to let messages and emails lie for a while so I can actually fill orders. People get mad because I'm "ghosting" them, but if I gave all of them even 5 minutes, there would be no time left. It's insane, and entirely unprecedented. I've been doing this for almost 30 years.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Is a week acceptable time for an email response?

Still waiting
what's your real name or order number ?
rather than continually commenting here in the complaint dept thread after I already explained the circumstances, I'll make sure we ship your order if in stock today or cancel it if not in stock

thanks!

I don't know Ron, but based on comments in this thread, it appears he has a relatively small operation (in terms of numbers of employees). I, too, own a small business (signs and graphics) with only two employees. This winter and spring have completely buried us with work. The backlog just grows and grows, and new business pours in daily. If we tried to maintain our normal level of service in terms of answering calls and emails about order status, the backlog would grow even faster because we'd never actually do any production work. I could literally spend all day answering the phone and emails and giving out price quotes and order status, and never make a single sign. At some point I have to decide to let messages and emails lie for a while so I can actually fill orders. People get mad because I'm "ghosting" them, but if I gave all of them even 5 minutes, there would be no time left. It's insane, and entirely unprecedented. I've been doing this for almost 30 years.
oh man, especially doing graphics?? i feel you

ive been continually working and getting vinyl from a seller on Etsy for the past couple months, and its now come down to almost a 3 week wait time just to get a small little badge started due to the backlogs.

HardBoiledEgg

what's your real name or order number ?
rather than continually commenting here in the complaint dept thread after I already explained the circumstances, I'll make sure we ship your order if in stock today or cancel it if not in stock

thanks!
I'd rather comment in a thread then bug you if you're truly busy and I'm in line. Sorry. But I did send one more email before seeing this

MALACHILIKESCARS@YAHOO.COM

Pretty sure he got destroyed with backed up FMIC orders and probably backed up everything else. Mine was one of them. Took him a couple days to get back to me which is unusual but he did, and things are on their way.

I work in the supply chain and logistics world and things are not normal now. Havent been for a while and it doesn't seem to be improving. Things that we took for granted and always came in a steady painless stream now come in big waves of nothing and everything at once. I assume he is a small operation and this kind of disruption and rubber band effect is even more problematic for those guys than a $3B/year company like mine.

I have spoke with him a few times over the years and as myself and many others can attest to I am positive he is doing the best he can with the hands being delt to him. Like always he will get it right but it might just take a little more patience than we are used in this modern point and swipe world.

Excited for my FMIC to show up this week.

Last edited:
I've been ordering parts from Ron for almost 2 years now, and when I say "parts", I mean alot of parts. lol. Not only parts, but I hit him up regularly for advise based on his experience about parts to buy and why. I have NEVER not gotten a response from him. Was it always within 5 minutes? No, sometimes days go by, sometimes longer, but I always get a response. If your having some kind of an issue with Ron/Whoosh, try another polite email. Never had a better customer experience with a company before. ( TB Performance is pretty awesome too, but I don't buy the volume of parts from them, so not as much contact.)

akiraproject24

Premium Account
Has anyone ordered and recieved their intercooler and or downpipe lately? Jw. I ordered a v1 and a v1 catless downpipe in april. I feel bad buggin ron every 2 weeks πŸ˜…

A batch went out a couple weeks ago or so. Also close to when my exhaust came in. Things are backed up everywhere. Even the shop that installed my exhaust said business was hopping but parts were slow and hard to get.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
A batch went out a couple weeks ago or so. Also close to when my exhaust came in. Things are backed up everywhere. Even the shop that installed my exhaust said business was hopping but parts were slow and hard to get.
it's true, we just received V3 intercoolers and V3 downpipes and just like that OUT OF STOCK / we are waiting for the next group in july to deliver
supply just can't keep up with demand with many different items

I ordered a Vibra-Technics RMM a Ford thermostat and Mountune Radiator as well as a few misc parts. It took a few weeks for my order to come in and when it did it was a few items at a time.

Like OP said we are a little spoiled by larger corporate conglomerates with a multitude of contract's and employees. WHOOSH is a private company and I know Ron is doing all he can to get these orders shipped asap. Small business need our support and honestly I can't imagine how many customers Ron has barking at him via Email or phone.

Just think when your stuff does arrive it's going to be like Christmas!