Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Issues with Cobb AP

This is just a general info thread to document my issue with my AP in case anyone else runs into the same problems. I appear to be the only one however according to Cobb support.

After receiving the AP and installing, I attempted to hook up my AP to my computer in order to back up the stock ROM file for my vehicles ECU. Consistently received an error message stating - Failed to export factory ECU data from Accessport. Opened a support ticket with Cobb tuning the next day and have been in touch with support ever since.

About two weeks ago, I received a response back stating that the new AP firmware should resolve the issue. A simple uninstall of the AP and re-install and all should be working correctly. Finally had the chance to do an uninstall today, got through the menus and received another few errors.

Called up Cobb support and spoke with the gentleman who was working on my issue originally. He got the programmers involved, and at this point they are having me ship the unit back to them to examine and find out the root cause. I will update this thread when I hear back from them on what the resolution is. Just wanted to post this up for anyone who may have experienced a similar issue, and to document my experience.

I will say the customer service aspect is top notch, no complaints at all on that end. Hopefully it's a quick turnaround on getting the AP back, as I will be re-mapping to stage 0 while I wait.

Sorry you're having trouble man, but you're in good hands. Their customer service is awesome!

OP
Hypntick
Thread Starter #3
Recieved notification yesterday that they have my AP and are working on it. The canned response was between 2-5 business days to resolve. Hopefully it's just something with that AP and they can pull my ROM file and send me back a replacement unit. Of course knowing my luck, it's going to be one heck of a bug to track down in the software. [8]

Edit: Heard back from Cobb yesterday afternoon that for some reason when the AP was writing the changes to the stock ROM file on the AP it kinda went derpy for a second and didn't save the changes properly. They had a programmer pull the changes it was trying to write, properly apply to their ROM file and reload the AP. Did some testing on their FiST and everything worked properly. It's on its way back to me now, should be here tomorrow afternoon although I won't be here to sign for it, so probably Monday. Once I have it back i'll update you guys on if everything is working on my end. Once again, great customer service and communication on Cobb's end!

OP
Hypntick
Thread Starter #4
Okay, got the AP back on Monday but only had the chance to do a test with it yesterday evening. I'm pleased to say the uninstall went through without a hitch. Going to take the car in for service and re-install, hopefully the ECU backup loads just fine onto my PC although i'm fairly confident.

Super fast turn around time from Cobb on the issue with the only delays being my slowness. Less than week for shipment, diagnostic, resolution, and shipping back to me. Customer service and tech support are top notch all around.

So ends the issue that I was having with the AP, like any computer system it can have a little snag every so often. So if you find yourself in a similar situation where the AP will not uninstall, but will still swap maps, give them a call, it's a fairly easy fix. You'll only be without the AP for a week at the most. Also hopefully my issue allows them to further revise the code used so it's less likely to happen again during an install. Thanks again Cobb, you guys rock!

me32

1000 Post Club
I had the same issue tech support got it fixed for me. They will give you updated firmware for the fix.