Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

It's about TIME ferd!

Both of them suck. The post above that is a great read.

Recycling people is not how you fix a company.

Nice knowing you Ford.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Kinda missing Raj Nair, I know he was caught up in some scandal, but the man brought us all the hot hatches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wrx and the sti are a lot closer in performance than they used to be. Only major appeal of the sti is brembos and dccd. The new fa20 has proven to be decently stout compared to the ej. The car is built to a power limit, dont exceed it and the car is great to enjoy. Even the sti is built with a power limit in mind.
Hard to settle for an electric rack when there's an old school hydraulic one trim higher. That alone makes the sti worth it.

Although I think both cars are pretty bad when it comes to reliability. Too many owners constantly replacing their clutch, TOB, etc at stock power.

My buddy who is a senior manager at Hyundai corporate only knew of one tuner stateside who had the means to unencrypt the ECU, but I’m not an expert in Hyundai’s. I would be very interested in the i30/Elantra N though when it arrives, as it’s a little more grown up and but better interior, along with fully independent rear suspension compared to the Veloster. I did ride around in the Veloster N before it was released and it felt very good... a lot of the same fun I get out of the Fiesta ST.
Veloster has IRS standard on the entire 2nd gen according to Hyundai’s website.

Hard to settle for an electric rack when there's an old school hydraulic one trim higher. That alone makes the sti worth it.

Although I think both cars are pretty bad when it comes to reliability. Too many owners constantly replacing their clutch, TOB, etc at stock power.
I think the clutch/TOB wear issue is more a result of the primary demographic that buys them: younger inexperienced drivers that are all too willing to prove how fast their car is 0-60. That’d be like avoiding a hellcat because a lot of the owners don’t get good fuel economy.

Generally speaking the clutch is considered a wear item. Experienced drivers should have no issue preserving it to well over 100k miles, but I’d be willing to bet that’s only if they are gentle with it. I taught both myself and my girl’s brother to drive stick on my FiST, so far clutch seems fine but even while I was learning I wasn’t doing anything too dumb.

Last edited: