Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jacking Points

LOL. You know I did this and never though of it until you mentioned it. They sit almost perfectly in the floor jack cups. We are a strange bread us Canucks.
I grabbed a bag of pucks at Crapptire and use them for just about everything they weren't intended to be used for.[rockon]

I use the middle of the axle to jack from.
Sorry guys, I don't mean to hijack an old thread, but I had a question about the positioning when putting the rear on stands.

When you're using the middle of the axle, are you positioning directly from the rear of the car, and lifting the whole rear up? Or are you coming in from the side at an angle - just in front, or just behind the wheel - to get to the middle of the axle?

For the front, I've no questions, I do the opposite of what koozy has in his picture. I use the floor jack from near where he put the stand, and then put the stand on the factory recommended spot. However, putting up the rear, I can't get the right angle when lifting from the axle to get it on stands. The width of the floor jack in combination with the stands (HF Aluminum 2-Ton Racing Jack / HF 3-Ton Stands) seem to over lap.

I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking a lot of this. It can't be that hard, so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ok since I revived this and I want someone to see it I have a problem. The jack I bought is too big to fit under the car, my exhaust gets here before I can take it back so I was thinking about maybe driving up on a 2x4 to get the clearance. Possibly just going on ramps and then jacking up the rear of the car.

Is that going to be bad for it? I think I'll probably go ramps, then jack the back up once that's at a good height jack the front up to be level then kinda reverse the process when I take it off the stands

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Ok since I revived this and I want someone to see it I have a problem. The jack I bought is too big to fit under the car, my exhaust gets here before I can take it back so I was thinking about maybe driving up on a 2x4 to get the clearance. Possibly just going on ramps and then jacking up the rear of the car.

Is that going to be bad for it? I think I'll probably go ramps, then jack the back up once that's at a good height jack the front up to be level then kinda reverse the process when I take it off the stands
Yep that is good. or just a 2x4, or use the spare jack to get it up enough to use the floor jack(just remember to do it in reverse as well to not get the floor jack stuck) you mean this? :)

[video=youtube;-JKndoat9qU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JKndoat9qU[/video]

Yep that is good. or just a 2x4, or use the spare jack to get it up enought to use the floor jack

Yep that is good. or just a 2x4, or use the spare jack to get it up enough to use the floor jack(just remember to do it in reverse as well to not get the floor jack stuck) you mean this? :)

[video=youtube;-JKndoat9qU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JKndoat9qU[/video]

Yep that is good. or just a 2x4, or use the spare jack to get it up enought to use the floor jack
Exactly that, thanks bud!

koozy

3000 Post Club
this is how I get the front end up with a floor jack and where I place the stands and each side.

to quote myself... my lifting technique has evolved. I now use lifting pads to work with to side seams. I use the pads with either a jack to lift with or a stand to perch the car on.

rexdriver85

to quote myself... my lifting technique has evolved. I now use lifting pads to work with to side seams. I use the pads with either a jack to lift with or a stand to perch the car on.

I like these, haven't seen that before. Looks like you made them? What material are they?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
here is my version. Which matches the the spare jack but over a larger area. Real cheap. So square tubbing (could use angle iron), a welder, some plastidip and some beer (optional but helps pass the time waiting for the part to cool after welding)
IMG-20150828-00259.jpg
IMG-20150712-00213.jpg
IMG-20150712-00212.jpg
IMG-20150712-00211.jpg

Another alternative is the old hockey puck jack pad. Real cheap