Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

James Barone Racing Fiesta ST Catch Can

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #21
Nice catch can, but this will not work with my 2jRacing intake. Looks like mishmoto won the battle for my monies.
Yeah, unfortunately the 2JR intake crowd is relatively small. Since I once had the intake, I did bring it up but everyone can't be pleased. There's some hope as this can really hugs the tower wall. But enough hope to try it? Nope, lol. I would though because I'm hard-headed and try things if there's a sliver of hope.

Here you can see the hole where my 2JR was and how close the can sits to the wall.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #22
Hi Folks!

We have just shy of a year of testing and development of this kit on the Fiesta ST. We're very proud of these catch cans and how well they have performed on the FIST. If you ahve any questions just let me know.

The hoses and the ports are 5/8" ID, the same as the OEM.

Thanks,
Jamie
The man, himself! Welcome.

me32

1000 Post Club
Personally i would like to see a kit that comes with quick connect/disconnect lines. The baffle looks good but the design shown would not allow quick connect/disconnect because there are no lips on the on the housing inlet/outlet.

Personally i would like to see a kit that comes with quick connect/disconnect lines. The baffle looks good but the design shown would not allow quick connect/disconnect because there are no lips on the on the housing inlet/outlet.
Help me to understand what you mean by quick connect/disconnect lines at the can? The beads you typically see are are not needed on ports that are this small and with such low pressure. Once the clamps are loosened, the hoses slip right off.

caliboy15

Help me top understand what you mean by quick connect/disconnect lines at the can? The beads you typically see are are not needed on ports that are this small and with such low pressure. Once the clamps are loosened, the hoses slip right off.
that's what I thought. how hard it is to remove such a tiny hoses

me32

1000 Post Club
Help me top understand what you mean by quick connect/disconnect lines at the can? The beads you typically see are are not needed on ports that are this small and with such low pressure. Once the clamps are loosened, the hoses slip right off.
I prefer OEM fit. From the factory all the hoses have i guess you call them quick connect/disconnect fittings. They lock the hoses onto whatever its connected too. In the kit you provide all the hoses on just secured with screw type clamps. Im sure they work just fine just not for my personal taste. Good luck with the kit im sure many st owners will be ready to buy.

I prefer OEM fit. From the factory all the hoses have i guess you call them quick connect/disconnect fittings. They lock the hoses onto whatever its connected too. In the kit you provide all the hoses on just secured with screw type clamps. Im sure they work just fine just not for my personal taste. Good luck with the kit im sure many st owners will be ready to buy.
You have confused me as well. If anything, the screw type clamps seal better than most others and are too simple.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Hi Folks!

We have just shy of a year of testing and development of this kit on the Fiesta ST. We're very proud of these catch cans and how well they have performed on the FIST. If you ahve any questions just let me know.

Thanks,
Jamie

Welcome to the Forum Jamie!

KKaWing

Hi Folks!

Thanks,
Jamie
Welcome! (Your listing in the store has a typo ^_^; says Focus OCC instead of Fiesta :p)

Would be nice to see the installation instructions for this on your website.

Thanks in advance.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #35
Don't you want the outlet on the top and the inlet on the bottom? I'm a little bit concerned if they couldn't even hook it up right...
If it were the other way around the vapor would rise and get sucked in anyway.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
The hoses in those pics are backwards. Sorry for the confusion. Those were some shots from when we were just taking pics. The installation instructions show the correct installation.
thanks Jamie! Glad to hear the instructions will be showing the proper hose connections...

JBR-OCC FLOW.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jerickson88 Fiesta ST Build Projects 0