Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #361
Quick update...

I've been driving my Prelude project a lot lately (last month) but I got back in the Fiesta this week and holy hand grenades is this car fast. I love the Prelude but after being away from my ST and getting back in it I realize how great of a car it is, both from the factory and as I've improved it. It's just effortlessly fast. And I destroyed a new Camaro today on the way to work!!!

Hit 34567 miles today so I thought I'd capture the moment.

Car continues to perform flawlessly!!!

Man...I drove my car tonight and found myself chuckling at how fun it is. What a great car. 4 years in now and I still smile every time I drive it.

What a great car.
I'm the same way with mine. Hoping something as good is around when mine dies. Still many years left.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

4DGC

Hey Jeff, Just got through reading this from almost the beginning, I skipped a few early pages with no pictures. Very nice work Sir. I believe some of your videos online have given some direction to my car although I have only taken baby steps so far. I was wondering if you have any updates for us since it has been several months since you posted? And thanks for sharing all this with us.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #366
Hey Jeff, Just got through reading this from almost the beginning, I skipped a few early pages with no pictures. Very nice work Sir. I believe some of your videos online have given some direction to my car although I have only taken baby steps so far. I was wondering if you have any updates for us since it has been several months since you posted? And thanks for sharing all this with us.
Hey thanks for the good words. I've done some stuff to the car but posted elsewhere. Just looked and realized I haven't updated this much at all. Here's a quick list of what I've done the car lately with a few pics I found:

- did a DIY IAT spacer (custom 3d printed by @molten)
- swapped my passenger blend door actuator (broken)
- installed sequential LED mirror blinkers
- bought my wife a 2019 CX-9
- removed my shark fin antenna (was cracking) and re-installed modified stocker
- installed leather Focus headrests (GREAT mod btw)
- broke 36,000 miles
- installed a new tune with pops and crackles and more throttle tip-in

Loving the car....every drive is still amazing. It performs flawlessly and I am very content with this power level. The new tune is outstanding - just loud enough but not too loud. The added throttle tip-in makes it feel like a whole new beast. So happy with this car and thankful for it every day. That said, if it blew up tomorrow I'd be fine. Very special car here, but just a car in the end. Praise God for healthy hobbies.

Here are some pics and a video...

Spacer:

Actuator:

Blinker in mid-action:

CX-9:

Antenna:

Installed leather Focus adjustable headrests (GREAT mod btw):

Getting up on the miles (not):

Here he is recently washed/waxed:

Here's a video of my new tune:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD5-zZ27A7g

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #368
I swapped a '13 Focus cloth headrest into my '19 standard seat this week after being reminded of the mod by Jeff. THANK YOU! Holy crap it is so much more comfortable. $36 from ebay, totally worth every penny. Not only does the adjustment make it easier to find the correct seat position for me, the headrest itself is much softer. Meaning that it is padded like a pillow instead hard like a rock. It looks like '12-'14 are the years to get. Make sure you check the picture for the elogated slots on the under side where the rods enter the headrest itself. I see some out there do not have the slots and they appear to be non-adjustable. Hopefully someone out there will find this and make their ride way comfortable as well. OK, Hijack over, thank you Jeff.

edit, I guess I could have clicked Jeff's link with all the detailed info before I posted the same info here. My apologies, I was just so excited about the improvement, I wrote before I read.

Last edited:

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Jeff, concerning the redline goods shiftboot, I swear I either read or saw it on your youtube that you requested some changes to help the shift boot interface with the reverse lockout better? If this rings a bell could you point me to it? I searched redline goods and read through but cant find it. Might have been someone else, I have absorbed a lot in the last year.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #371
Jeff, concerning the redline goods shiftboot, I swear I either read or saw it on your youtube that you requested some changes to help the shift boot interface with the reverse lockout better? If this rings a bell could you point me to it? I searched redline goods and read through but cant find it. Might have been someone else, I have absorbed a lot in the last year.
Nope that must be someone else, mine fit perfectly, they design it that way.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #373
Bump. Let's see some pollen pics!
What's up Matt.............truth is I just washed and detailed the car earlier this week, and it is garaged, so it's rather clean right now. It was super filthy before though and yellow. Been driving it a good bit in the dry/cool weather the last few days, still love this car 100%!!!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #374
CAR/TIRE UPDATE. About to hit 40k and it was about time so after much research and then even more research and a few months of deliberation I chose to get a set of Federal 595RS-PRO 17x8e40. For my use, this is going to be great, assuming all I've read it true. I forgot how nice a new set of tires looks! Hoping to get installed in the next few weeks once I source a reliable installer.

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/newer-fiesta/1623862938806.html]
[/URL]

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/newer-fiesta/1623862945411.html]
[/URL]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
[twothumb] Those are the Federals I would get if I were going with them.

They would be on my 17x8 1.2s right now if they were around way back when I put the RS-RRs on.

Hopefully, they really are a good deal quieter than the RRs, just like everyone who has had both claim. [wink]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #376
Got them installed....Federal 595 RS-PRO 215/40/r17 on Rota Grids 17x8 40e....geez I've only driven this car 4000 miles in the last year or so. Too many cars. Still my favorite though.

Drove home in the rain so I couldn't hoon any, but compared to my last set of tires (Federal 595RS-R same size) that had about 20,000 miles on them, a few thoughts are....

- these are louder, not unacceptable but noticeable, might drone on the highway but I have other cars I tend to use for trips...
- these are beefier, they really are more of a block shape even stretched on my rims, really fill out nice, iirc the section width was about the same as the RS-Rs but the tread width was a bit more, so it makes sense...these really look good....the car looks even more like a hot wheels toy now...
- I can already feel a bit better steering feedback, car feels tighter, of course they are brand new but still it feels more "on the road" esp. when turning.

I'll post more when I get to have some fun with TC off on dry pavement. For now, very happy.

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/newer-fiesta/1624375534081.html]

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/newer-fiesta/1624375528671.html]
[/URL]
https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/newer-fiesta/1624375522378.html]
[/URL][/URL]

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Got them installed....Federal 595 RS-PRO 215/40/r17 on Rota Grids 17x8 40e....geez I've only driven this car 4000 miles in the last year or so. Too many cars. Still my favorite though.

Drove home in the rain so I couldn't hoon any, but compared to my last set of tires (Federal 595RS-R same size) that had about 20,000 miles on them, a few thoughts are....

- these are louder, not unacceptable but noticeable, might drone on the highway but I have other cars I tend to use for trips...
- these are beefier, they really are more of a block shape even stretched on my rims, really fill out nice, iirc the section width was about the same as the RS-Rs but the tread width was a bit more, so it makes sense...these really look good....the car looks even more like a hot wheels toy now...
- I can already feel a bit better steering feedback, car feels tighter, of course they are brand new but still it feels more "on the road" esp. when turning.

I'll post more when I get to have some fun with TC off on dry pavement. For now, very happy.

[/URL]
[/URL][/URL]
Those look awesome on there. Really fill out the wheel well nicely.

[/URL]
[/URL][/URL]
i havent noticed drone with mine on the highway, but if i had stock motor mounts and exhaust i bet i would. i mainly hear them while decelerating. thats when theyre the most noticable. these tires are just as good or come close to the best out there in terms of grip, but at their price point, i will only be buying these from now on. even in winter. they heat up very fast. check your pressure before a drive and just drive a few miles normal and check them again. i had one with an nail in it and my tire light came on. i checked the other tires while i was putting air in the low one. after about 3 miles i went from 39 psi to 47 psi. this was around dawn when it was around 70 outside before the sun was shining on the road.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
i havent noticed drone with mine on the highway, but if i had stock motor mounts and exhaust i bet i would. i mainly hear them while decelerating. thats when theyre the most noticable. these tires are just as good or come close to the best out there in terms of grip, but at their price point, i will only be buying these from now on. even in winter. they heat up very fast. check your pressure before a drive and just drive a few miles normal and check them again. i had one with an nail in it and my tire light came on. i checked the other tires while i was putting air in the low one. after about 3 miles i went from 39 psi to 47 psi. this was around dawn when it was around 70 outside before the sun was shining on the road.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
They are a good deal for the the money but I do have to say the RT660’s do beat them ( having run both) out in terms of grip and being less noisy. Of course you will pay more for the RT660. Though bang for the buck the Feddys are a solid choice.