Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jerking after installing my Cobb AP

iso100

1000 Post Club
Braden, this kind of detailed response combined with extremely fast turnaround will keep me as a Cobb customer. I'm going to go ahead and stay with Cobb for your DP, Exhaust and intake (once available). There's no denying the value of this level of customer service!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
In situations like this we will continue to look for feedback on not only the Stage1 customers but also some of the Stage2 and Stage3 people as well. This change has been in all of our release maps since v100 and you guys were the quickest to provide a description and data of the perceived problem. That perception turns into reality quickly when data logs are provided and confirms the issue. Upon further analysis of the code that is responsible for the "hang" it appears that the result of the tests performed against the hang timer are stored as a bool flag (true/false) and when true allows for a selection of either a minimum or maximum target RPM. In the case of the Fiesta ST, the vehicle targets a minimum speed, however on the Focus ST it targets a maximum speed. So it's a miscue on our part as the previous pass through the logic appeared to be identical to the Focus ST where the hang had been removed by setting these values to 0.

If the feedback continues in a positive fashion for all of our calibrations, I will make this change permanently to all OTS maps and you'll see updated versions in the next firmware update. My apologies for introducing an issue that had diminished your driving experience!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
Apologize accepted! Thank you for the service and I can't wait for that intake.

Installing the new v103 93 Stage 1 map as we speak!

UPDATE: Just got done going around the block and jerk is completely gone! I did some normal everyday shifting then did a WOT run, and no jerking at all. Thanks again for this fix, and please pass the word. I'm sure there's plenty of other owners with this same problem. Don't change this feature ever again Cobb!! Haha.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
In situations like this we will continue to look for feedback on not only the Stage1 customers but also some of the Stage2 and Stage3 people as well. This change has been in all of our release maps since v100 and you guys were the quickest to provide a description and data of the perceived problem. That perception turns into reality quickly when data logs are provided and confirms the issue. Upon further analysis of the code that is responsible for the "hang" it appears that the result of the tests performed against the hang timer are stored as a bool flag (true/false) and when true allows for a selection of either a minimum or maximum target RPM. In the case of the Fiesta ST, the vehicle targets a minimum speed, however on the Focus ST it targets a maximum speed. So it's a miscue on our part as the previous pass through the logic appeared to be identical to the Focus ST where the hang had been removed by setting these values to 0.

If the feedback continues in a positive fashion for all of our calibrations, I will make this change permanently to all OTS maps and you'll see updated versions in the next firmware update. My apologies for introducing an issue that had diminished your driving experience!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
So do we need to redownload the ots tunes off the website ?
Also Sent you a PM

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I just downloaded the 93 Stage 1 update map the linked 2 pages back.
ok thanks i kinda figured that but needed to ask to make sure if anyone asks me I can give the right answer .. plus I wanted to let them know i sent a PM ;)
Thanks though for the tip good info...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
No problem. I assume they will make the overall change to the website maps as soon as more people give them the positive feedback. I guess this is kinda a "beta" phase at the moment, in lack of better words.

Quick question: anybody else download the new Stage 1 93 map Cobb gave a few pages back? I'm trying to do launch control with it and it's not working. I think I'm doing it right...

1. Push clutch
2. Place in gear
3. Hold "on" cruise control button
4. Mash gas

It always goes over 4k. Any feedback would be appreciated!!

OP
M
Thread Starter #47
No problem. I assume they will make the overall change to the website maps as soon as more people give them the positive feedback. I guess this is kinda a "beta" phase at the moment, in lack of better words.

Quick question: anybody else download the new Stage 1 93 map Cobb gave a few pages back? I'm trying to do launch control with it and it's not working. I think I'm doing it right...

1. Push clutch
2. Place in gear
4. Mash gas

yep, same for me [dunno]

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Braden, this kind of detailed response combined with extremely fast turnaround will keep me as a Cobb customer. I'm going to go ahead and stay with Cobb for your DP, Exhaust and intake (once available). There's no denying the value of this level of customer service!
Same here. If Cobb does custom tuning too I would be very happy.

Shmi

Braden thanks for the quick fix, awesome to see that support! I'm going to install the revised stage 1 93 octane tune and will report back within a day or so.

koozy

3000 Post Club
For anyone having this particular issue please download and install one of these maps and let us know if the behavior ceases.

View attachment 1403
View attachment 1404

These maps are identical to the standard v103 but the OEM settings have been restored for the "Shift Assist" feature.

Logs would also be appreciated if time permits!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
Add me to the list. The new file did the trick.

FocusMike

For anyone having this particular issue please download and install one of these maps and let us know if the behavior ceases.

View attachment 1403
View attachment 1404

These maps are identical to the standard v103 but the OEM settings have been restored for the "Shift Assist" feature.

Logs would also be appreciated if time permits!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
Thank you so much Braden

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Any feedback on what I'm doing wrong with the launch control? I would to see if I'm doing anything wrong before I re install the map again.

Shmi

Any feedback on what I'm doing wrong with the launch control? I would to see if I'm doing anything wrong before I re install the map again.
You're doing it right... Not sure why it wouldn't work unless the update posted broke that feature?

1. Push clutch
2. Place in gear
4. Mash gas

This is certainly odd! I verified all of the code is in there on the provided maps so this should work. If you could setup your AP to datalog the following monitors it would help in diagnosing the issue:

(C) LC Mode
(C) Rev Limit LC
(C) Rev Limit LC-S
Accel. Pedal Pos.
Engine Speed
VSS Rear Average

Additional monitors can also be in there, but these are the most valuable for the issue at hand.

To activate the Soft Launch Limiter on the OTS maps the following requirements MUST be met:

1. Rear Average VSS must be < 7.0 mph
2. Accel. Pedal Pos. must be > 90%
3. Cruise Control "ON" button must be HELD

There is no clutch pedal or gear requirement, you can test the feature quite easily while stationary. It's very common for the APP requirement to be forgotten, make sure your foot is on the floor!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

iso100

1000 Post Club
Just got my car back and can confirm that Rev hang between shifts is perfect now.

Noob, here. Just got my AP in. How do I get the file linked a few pages back to my AP? It's downloaded to the computer at the moment. Or, do I need it. Says it has the latest firmware v103. Is the link just an "amendment" to v103?

Update: I think I got it. Dropped the file into the AP Manager, then uploaded it into the AP. Storming outside, atm. Will install when it calms down a bit.