Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jerking after installing my Cobb AP

me32

1000 Post Club
The new tune for me also worked. Rpms drop like stock in between shifts. Also not sure if others experience this but the v103 drop mpg to avg 29-31 vs v102 getting 33-35mpg. Im not sure what has changed but my personal mpg have drop. I will see how this beta v103 will do on mpg. So far its 33mpg

iso100

1000 Post Club
I never trust the indicated mpg especially after an ecu reset.

Just to make sure...You download the previous linked maps to the car, instead of the latest versions that the AP came with, right?

me32

1000 Post Club
Just to make sure...You download the previous linked maps throwr, instead of the latest versions that the AP came with, right?
Correct the maps linked in this thread are beta and are not listed on there site right now.

For anyone having this particular issue please download and install one of these maps and let us know if the behavior ceases.

View attachment 1403
View attachment 1404

These maps are identical to the standard v103 but the OEM settings have been restored for the "Shift Assist" feature.

Logs would also be appreciated if time permits!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
I have been running the new 93v103 map Cobb attached to the thread and flat foot shifting doesn't seem to be working for me. Launch control works but not FFS. Anyone else noticed this?

Shifting is way smoother though than the original 93v103 map. Miss the FFS though.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I tried it today shifting above 5k and it climbed instead of dropped. Thought that was odd since the limit was supposedly set to 5k.

Yea FFS isn't working on the "beta" 93v103 map posted by Cobb a few pages back as far as I could tell. Worked fine for me on the original v103 map though. I'm hoping for an updated map soon. I just installed my RMM today and I'd like to give FFS another try.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I can't get launch control to work on my beta Stage 1 93 v103 linked map.

I'm loving the smooth shifts though. I didn't realize how big of a difference that stupid shift assist was really making. I don't even have a RMM yet, so I can only imagine how great it will be then.

This is certainly odd! I verified all of the code is in there on the provided maps so this should work. If you could setup your AP to datalog the following monitors it would help in diagnosing the issue:

(C) LC Mode
(C) Rev Limit LC
(C) Rev Limit LC-S
Accel. Pedal Pos.
Engine Speed
VSS Rear Average

Additional monitors can also be in there, but these are the most valuable for the issue at hand.

To activate the Soft Launch Limiter on the OTS maps the following requirements MUST be met:

1. Rear Average VSS must be < 7.0 mph
2. Accel. Pedal Pos. must be > 90%
3. Cruise Control "ON" button must be HELD

There is no clutch pedal or gear requirement, you can test the feature quite easily while stationary. It's very common for the APP requirement to be forgotten, make sure your foot is on the floor!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
Anyone with the LC not working PLEASE provide the information above. For anyone having FFS issues please add the FFS status, FFS Rpm, and clutch pedal position to the log list.

You must be above 5000rpm, right foot planted, and clutch in for FFS to activate.

It is absolutely critical to provide data of the issue so we can look at any potential issues for you.

Than you,
Braden @ COBB

So far it sounds like all of the feedback is highly positive! I'll go ahead and make the changes necessary to include all Staged maps in the next firmware update. Thank you everyone for you participation!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That's what I'm talking about! Great service at it's best. Thanks again guys.

Now if you could fix this clicking sound I'd be good. Ha.

Any update on the LC or FFS issues with the update posted in this thread? I want to install it but not if it will break those features....

Any update on the LC or FFS issues with the update posted in this thread? I want to install it but not if it will break those features....
I've tested the LC features with no problems, I haven't had a chance to re-test FFS but the code and logic has not changed. Most people are hesitant to keep their foot on the floor during an upshift, so that little lift from 100->89% will break out of the 5000rpm limiter and engage the normal 6800 soft or 7000 hard limit. Keep your foot planted and all will work as planned =)

Cheers,
Braden @ COBB

Cool. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll update a bit later this week in that case.

I've tested the LC features with no problems, I haven't had a chance to re-test FFS but the code and logic has not changed. Most people are hesitant to keep their foot on the floor during an upshift, so that little lift from 100->89% will break out of the 5000rpm limiter and engage the normal 6800 soft or 7000 hard limit. Keep your foot planted and all will work as planned =)

Cheers,
Braden @ COBB
Will try again ffs hopefully tomorrow when I get the chance... I could of sworn I had my foot planned for sure like all the other times it worked. I'm still using that "beta" map you posted pages back. I'll let you guys know how she behaves

tested FFS again just now and confirmed it is not working for me on the beta map posted in this thread. Made sure of the following; 5000rpm, right foot planted, and clutch in and FFS didn't activate. RPMs just climb. Will try to obtain a data log with the information requested by COBB hopefully sometime this weekend.

Cheers,
Braden @ COBB
Braden,

Finally got the chance to install the update (I've been laaaaazy) and have no issues. LC and FFS work fine, and the shifts have been smoothed out. It corners better, too :)P I wish!).