Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jigsaw Says - "I Want To Play A Game"

me32

1000 Post Club
So what i dong get is if the car was making the noise prior to buying the car. Why would you still buy it?

OP
O
Thread Starter #45
Why not return it?
Because at the time, and to this day, nobody at Ford can explain what is causing it or what it leads to. Car drove fine.

If I could go back in time, knowing what a pathetic service experience was going to unfold, obviously I would.

OP
O
Thread Starter #46
UPDATE:

Got the car back yesterday with the new motor. I've only put 30 miles on it so I'm not making a judgement on anything until I take it through a full tank of gas. My initial response though listening to it idle in my driveway, is that I can still hear the sound...just not as prominent. We'll see what it's like after 300 miles.

If the issue is still present, I'm done with this car.

OP
O
Thread Starter #47
UPDATE 1/14/16:

See Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URmEZCQbgkw&feature=youtu.be

Not even a full tank of gas through the replacement motor and the sound is already back. This is after this entire process of fighting Ford for over 3 months to get a resolution and giving them a chance to attempt to repair the problem and following their own engineer's recommendations in person of how he's been trying to fix these.

No Ford, you can keep your "No cost to me 5 year 75,000 mile extended warranty" and tell me which dealership I'm dropping this piece of crap off to. Upsetting that I had to get a lemon, even more upsetting how much of a joke this whole process has been. Make it right Ford, buy this thing back, and please put me out of my misery. I cannot take any more.

UPDATE 1/14/16:

See Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URmEZCQbgkw&feature=youtu.be

Not even a full tank of gas through the replacement motor and the sound is already back. This is after this entire process of fighting Ford for over 3 months to get a resolution and giving them a chance to attempt to repair the problem and following their own engineer's recommendations in person of how he's been trying to fix these.

No Ford, you can keep your "No cost to me 5 year 75,000 mile extended warranty" and tell me which dealership I'm dropping this piece of crap off to. Upsetting that I had to get a lemon, even more upsetting how much of a joke this whole process has been. Make it right Ford, buy this thing back, and please put me out of my misery. I cannot take any more.
Really doesn't sound like a knock at all. All considering that is a youtube video. You didn't need to tell me about Ford's customer service being awful, it's something to expect at this point. I'm sorry you gotta deal with this, because the only thing good about this company is their product. Unfortunately you didn't get the same quality. From a moral perspective they should give you one with 0000 on the clock.

GAbOS

I agree. I don't hear the knock anymore that we heard in your first videos. I just hear normal (these days) DI/VVT valve noise.