Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jigsaw Says - "I Want To Play A Game"

OP
O
Thread Starter #21
[video=youtube;3ppQP9T5dYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ppQP9T5dYk[/video]
Noise my fiesta makes with no mods and 37000 miles and the noise only recently started happening
Not the same noise. That doesn't sound good at all.

OP
O
Thread Starter #22
Interesting. Could be the ac compressor clutch knocking when disengaged. I would still take it in but show them the video you have and that with the AC on it is better. Replacing the ac compressor is a quick thing to do. They could also put a stetoshcope (yes I do use them to pin point sounds) on the ac compressor to confirm you findings. Good luck.
Had to reschedule my appt. that was supposed to be today until the 13th.

[video=youtube;3ppQP9T5dYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ppQP9T5dYk[/video]
Noise my fiesta makes with no mods and 37000 miles and the noise only recently started happening
That sounds bad... Do you feel something physically banging in conjunction with the noise? Does it emanate from the engine compartment or elswhere?

It could be simple broken exhaust mount, engine mount type of interference thing... Or not. I wouldn't drive it until I could determine what's the source.

OP
O
Thread Starter #24
UPDATE

Sorry it's taking me some time to update, work conflicts caused me to reschedule my appointment with Ford twice. Dropped the car off Tuesday for an appointment, got word they talked to Ford and they recommended some troubleshooting. Come to find out, techs actually could not hear the sound, so they didn't actually do anything and I went to pick it up.

Frustrated, I played them the video I recorded at 160 miles on the odometer of the very apparent knock. The techs face went from seemingly annoyed I wanted to show him a video to a look of concern and a question of "Is this car here right now?". Um yes, Its been here all day to get looked at. We went outside, started it up, and guess what? Idled PERFECTLY. Literally the smoothest it's sounded since I've owned it. Go freaking figure. He told me to bring it back in Thur. morning on my way into work if it started doing it again.

Took it back in this morning on my way to work, car was making the sound at idle. They came out, and immediately could hear it. They had me send them the video file and are currently working directly with Ford to get word on what their next steps are. The techs initial guess was def not piston or rod related, but more than likely lashing or something oil pressure dependent. Or, possibly, and injector issue.

So far they've been good to work with. Car doesn't feel like it's down on power or anything, but I'm pressing on with this so I can help the community finally figure out what is causing this issue for some of us. I'll update as I have more information.

OP
O
Thread Starter #26
UPDATE

Sorry again for the long delay, I contribute that to how slow Ford has been in this process. This has been a VERY frustrating ordeal.

Took my car in for the 4th time about 6 weeks ago. About 2300miles on it. The dealer still hadn't turned a single nut or bolt, their hands were tied by Ford. They wanted me to leave it for the entire day so their Engineer could look at it they were sending from Detroit.

Left the car for the entire day. No calls, no updates. Called them at 4:15, and was informed the engineer never even showed up. Picked the car up and came home. Called Ford customer service and was ticked. They said at this point Ford would either offer to replace the vehicle or buy it back, and they told me they were elevating the call and to expect a call from someone higher up the next day.

They called me the next day. Lady on the phone basically read from a legal script and told me to pound sand. Said they have zero interest in buying the car back or replacing it, they'd try and fix it and that's it. I asked her how many times they had to waste my time or avoid fixing the car before this becomes a lemon law issue, and she refused to answer me. Terrible customer service, terrible experience.

We scheduled taking it back in about a week later. Took it back, the techs put it on the lift as i left it at the dealer now a FIFTH time. Guess what? Still broke. I picked the car up, and they asked me if i'd bring it back AGAIN the following morning because Ford was sending an engineer who wanted to look at it. Could this be the same engineer who blew me off entirely before? Who knows. At this point, what am I gonna do right? So i agreed.

Brought it back for the SIXTH time. Engineer was there. Put it on the rack, car made the noise. Engineer almost immediately says he's approving an entire new long block, turbo, and lines. Said he was in New york a few weeks prior and had another one with 600 miles on it doing the same thing but twice as loud. He had driven one from Detroit to come look and compare to my car. It was a presser and test car, so he admitted it had the living piss beat out of it. Idled as quiet as could be.

Left with my car. It's been going on 5 weeks now and I just got a call yesterday that my replacement engine had cleared customs.

At this point apparently I have no choice but to let them tear apart my car with 3300 miles on it and replace the entire motor. I know nothing goes back together as smooth as it comes apart, so I don't have high expectations. I buy alot of cars. It's literally dumbfounding to me what this process has been and the fact they are going to lose a lifetime car buyer over a $21k car.

Not to mention I've heard other people with this issue having entire motors replaced and the issue STILL being there. Ford literally has no idea what's going on or the potential long term effects, but it's something where the look of concern on the engineers face as soon as he heard it tell me its a very serious issue for them.

i would consider lawyering up if you are unhappy. So so sorry to hear you are having a shitty experience :(

OP
O
Thread Starter #28
i would consider lawyering up if you are unhappy. So so sorry to hear you are having a shitty experience :(
Without giving them an opportunity to actually turn a wrench, im not sure how much luck i'd have with a "lemon" lawyer yet. If it continues after the new motor, ill DEF be going that route.

UPDATE

Sorry again for the long delay, I contribute that to how slow Ford has been in this process. This has been a VERY frustrating ordeal.

Took my car in for the 4th time about 6 weeks ago. About 2300miles on it. The dealer still hadn't turned a single nut or bolt, their hands were tied by Ford. They wanted me to leave it for the entire day so their Engineer could look at it they were sending from Detroit.

Left the car for the entire day. No calls, no updates. Called them at 4:15, and was informed the engineer never even showed up. Picked the car up and came home. Called Ford customer service and was ticked. They said at this point Ford would either offer to replace the vehicle or buy it back, and they told me they were elevating the call and to expect a call from someone higher up the next day.

They called me the next day. Lady on the phone basically read from a legal script and told me to pound sand. Said they have zero interest in buying the car back or replacing it, they'd try and fix it and that's it. I asked her how many times they had to waste my time or avoid fixing the car before this becomes a lemon law issue, and she refused to answer me. Terrible customer service, terrible experience.

We scheduled taking it back in about a week later. Took it back, the techs put it on the lift as i left it at the dealer now a FIFTH time. Guess what? Still broke. I picked the car up, and they asked me if i'd bring it back AGAIN the following morning because Ford was sending an engineer who wanted to look at it. Could this be the same engineer who blew me off entirely before? Who knows. At this point, what am I gonna do right? So i agreed.

Brought it back for the SIXTH time. Engineer was there. Put it on the rack, car made the noise. Engineer almost immediately says he's approving an entire new long block, turbo, and lines. Said he was in New york a few weeks prior and had another one with 600 miles on it doing the same thing but twice as loud. He had driven one from Detroit to come look and compare to my car. It was a presser and test car, so he admitted it had the living piss beat out of it. Idled as quiet as could be.

Left with my car. It's been going on 5 weeks now and I just got a call yesterday that my replacement engine had cleared customs.

At this point apparently I have no choice but to let them tear apart my car with 3300 miles on it and replace the entire motor. I know nothing goes back together as smooth as it comes apart, so I don't have high expectations. I buy alot of cars. It's literally dumbfounding to me what this process has been and the fact they are going to lose a lifetime car buyer over a $21k car.

Not to mention I've heard other people with this issue having entire motors replaced and the issue STILL being there. Ford literally has no idea what's going on or the potential long term effects, but it's something where the look of concern on the engineers face as soon as he heard it tell me its a very serious issue for them.
Hey originsgarage,

Thanks for posting about the issues you're experiencing. I'll look this over on my end to see how I can help. Please PM your name, VIN, current mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number.

Nick

OP
O
Thread Starter #30
Hey originsgarage,

Thanks for posting about the issues you're experiencing. I'll look this over on my end to see how I can help. Please PM your name, VIN, current mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number.

Nick
Sending you a note now

OP
O
Thread Starter #32
So it has been over a month since my engine was ordered. It's been 10 days since I was told the engine arrived in the USA.

Thinking that was odd, I called the dealership this morning asking where it was, she had no idea. [confuse] Okay.....can we maybe send an email or make a phone call and find out????

FORD SERVICE/WARRANTY - YOUR COMPANY AND YOUR PROCESS ABSOLUTELY BLOWS. WORST I'VE EVER DEALT WITH AND IM ABOUT TWO SECONDS AWAY FROM LAWYERING UP.

PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I will continue to tell everyone I come into contact with, do not buy a Ford. Period.

So it has been over a month since my engine was ordered. It's been 10 days since I was told the engine arrived in the USA.

Thinking that was odd, I called the dealership this morning asking where it was, she had no idea. [confuse] Okay.....can we maybe send an email or make a phone call and find out????

FORD SERVICE/WARRANTY - YOUR COMPANY AND YOUR PROCESS ABSOLUTELY BLOWS. WORST I'VE EVER DEALT WITH AND IM ABOUT TWO SECONDS AWAY FROM LAWYERING UP.

PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I will continue to tell everyone I come into contact with, do not buy a Ford. Period.
Hey originsgarage,

Please know, if you decide to retain a lawyer, I'll no longer be able to assist. I'm able to send an email over to your regional customer service manager and request that they reach out with an update. Please let me know if this is something you'd like.

Nick

OP
O
Thread Starter #35
Well since the regional manager already basically told me to pound sand and Ford had no interest in buying the car back, and the fact they've YET to even ATTEMPT to fix anything, not sure I can lemon law this piece of crap or not. It's been around 90 days since the first contact/first time into the dealer regarding this issue and Ford has yet to turn a single nut or bolt on this car.

Dealer finally called me back today.

My engine was shipped to ALABAMA. Yeah, since that is close to Michigan. Had I not been the one to call yesterday, there it would have set for who knows how long. Obviously now with holidays here, it'll be at least two weeks before it can go in. And that's praying they don't ship it to Tahiti this time, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just like the rest of this entire process, I have been doing the one doing all the leg work here. This is incompetency at a level I've never seen before. Don't worry Ford, I've been telling everyone I know in every avenue I have, so there's some free advertising for you [hihi]

Left a message with the regional rep Sally yesterday and again today. We'll see if I get a call back.

OP
O
Thread Starter #36
Hey originsgarage,

Please know, if you decide to retain a lawyer, I'll no longer be able to assist. I'm able to send an email over to your regional customer service manager and request that they reach out with an update. Please let me know if this is something you'd like.

Nick
Nick I do appreciate that you're willing to assist, but honestly at this point it's elevated to a level where they don't seem to care either. This entire process has shown me that Ford literally could care less about it's customer or retaining them in the future. That felt and was made abundantly clear from the communication and responses I was given the first time I talked to Sally.

OP
O
Thread Starter #37
Got a call back from Sally. Engine should be in Michigan Monday and hopefully I can get my vehicle in for the swap in the next few weeks.
Back to the original point of this post
I'll update you guys on how the swap goes and if it actually corrects the issue for where this entire post started. I've heard others get new longblocks and the issue remains.

I did just get communication from the GM of the dealership in Florida where I bought my car from (it was shipped to Michigan where I took delivery). The GM told me that there literally are ZERO other fiesta st engines in the country right now when they did a national search. Feb 18, 2016 is the earliest that the engine manufacturers have promised them to be stateside at this point.

If you're in the same position as me with the same issue, you are best served to reference this post/videos/etc and get the ball moving as fast as possible to get your name on that list.

Got a call back from Sally. Engine should be in Michigan Monday and hopefully I can get my vehicle in for the swap in the next few weeks. Sally, I do thank you for calling me back.

Back to the original point of this post
I'll update you guys on how the swap goes and if it actually corrects the issue for where this entire post started. I've heard others get new longblocks and the issue remains.

I did just get communication from the GM of the dealership in Florida where I bought my car from (it was shipped to Michigan where I took delivery). The GM told me that there literally are ZERO other fiesta st engines in the country right now when they did a national search. Feb 18, 2016 is the earliest that the engine manufacturers have promised them to be stateside at this point.

If you're in the same position as me with the same issue, you are best served to reference this post/videos/etc and get the ball moving as fast as possible to get your name on that list.
Glad to read your engine should be there soon, originsgarage. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need me.

Nick

Wow don't know if we have this issue in Canada.My car runs fine knock on wood.If we do hope Ford Canada is better at handling it.