Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just Booked a Trip to Skyline Drive this Weekend

iso100

1000 Post Club
It's our 14th wedding anniversary on Sunday so I booked a hotel out in VA near Skyline Drive. Unfortunately there will be intermittent rain (I'm a photographer) but the thought of being able to drive the Fiesta ST on all of those twisty roads sounds fun. (Don't tell the wife)

Have any of you driven this road in your STs?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Have not driven that road in any car but the wet can offer some cool pics if you have the time and equipment..

Have not made it to Skyline just yet, we usually wait until fall. Can't wait to go though we love it down there. Have fun and please post pics!

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Never been but would love to see some video.

+1 on the video. rodmoe I had to make that pic the background picture on my work computer, really good pic of an ST in action.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I have driving Skyline Drive many times, its fun but be mindful of the 35MPH speed limit. Have fun but be careful, the park police love to radar on skyline drive....if you can, take a detour on RT.211 going east towards Warrenton....you will love it! [raceflag]

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Still driving back but here's a photo.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I have driving Skyline Drive many times, its fun but be mindful of the 35MPH speed limit. Have fun but be careful, the park police love to radar on skyline drive....if you can, take a detour on RT.211 going east towards Warrenton....you will love it! [raceflag]
Ha! Yeah, I couldn't resist pushing it a bit faster than the horribly low 35MPH speed limit but luckily didn't get any tickets. Even taking turns with a suggested speed of 25 or 30 at 45/60 I still didn't even get the tires squealing.

I even put my wife in the driver's seat and she had a blast. I only recorded a quick video of it but you can see the speedo:
[video=youtube;gmeSgstzJCM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmeSgstzJCM[/video]

And a processed version of the photo I posted before. That one was just from my phone. This was from a proper camera.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I got 54mph in a 35mph zone one the dragon in G35 coupe, my fist got 102mph in a 65mph zone leaving North cal

airjor13

2000 Post Club
As much fun as it was driving Skyline Drive I kinda wish I would have read this first:
http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-virginia-lessons-from-my-three-days-in-1613604053

20 over = jail time!! OMG.

Both my wife and I piloted my Fiesta ST at speeds approaching 70 on Skyline and it has a 35MPH limit. OH. MY. GOD.
Oh man.....don't get me started on VA's stupid ass speeding laws.....I can go on and on and on and on...

VA, we have some of the most ridiculous traffic laws in the country, not to mention motorcycle only "enforcement" checkpoints at major twisty routes