Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just bought a new 2019 Fiesta ST missing item maybe idk

Hi everyone,
This is my first post, and I intend to look around the forum soon to get some ideas. If you could lead me in the right direction that would be great.

1. Could someone tell me if my 2019 ST is suppose to have a trunk mat, or did they only put them on the front seats?

2. Anyone else O.E. antenna not sit straight when fully tightened. Mine is slightly angled to the side. Any nice easy upgrades for the antenna would be appreciated.

3. I plan to change the oil at 250 miles to get the right variety of driving in to break in the engine. Is it ok to replace the oil and filter with an after market like Mobile 1 syn and a Bosch filter?

Thanks everyone.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
No trunk mat.

What doesn't sit tight? The OE antenna is styled like pod which has the antenna screw in to it. Is the base pod shifted?

Replacing the oil with a syntheticis never a bad thing!

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
No the pod is good the antenna itself looks wonky and sideways once its fully screwed in.

Any recommendations for oil. I saw people using Penzoil. I was gonna go Mobile 1 Syn 5-30 and the regular size Bosch filter. That ok?

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
You can get a shorty antenna from Perrin or the like and they screw in to the pod - you can obviously try tightening your current one, not sure how bent it is...

Stock turbo is 5W20 I think (check your oil fill cap) - I run 5W30 just because my turbo manufacturer says so... I use an Amsoil oil and Wix filter but anything reputable is decent these days. Just go full synthetic oil is all and change every 5-6000 miles.

I changed my oil at 100 miles w/ synthetic - even then I saw the metal particles in the new factory oil when I drained it; also changed transmission oil at ~750 miles; followed the Break-in 101 recommendations you can find on this site (I believe it was posted years ago by Pelaton Racer who appears to be an expert in this area); anyway, I varied the rpms from 1800 - 2500 for the first 1500 miles in each gear, etc. I use my FiST as weekend romper so it was easy to follow Break-in 101 parameters; not so much if it's your daily commuter. Anyway, I have ~ 12,500 miles on my little beast and have had absolutely not probs whatsoever with anything. Did following Pelaton Racer's guidelines help? Who knows, but it sure didn't hurt...lol.

DangerMouse

Break in procedure schmedure. I've beat the crap out of my car since day one for almost 3 years now. Changed oil at 1000 miles then at 3000 , that's the most I've done for any break in. Figured break it now under warranty. Honestly I don't care with this car. I love it but I'm not attached to it like I have been in the past. If it happens it happens, it can be fixed.

I would leave semi-synthetic in for at least 1000 miles so everything beds in and gets polished. The only other thing I would say is donā€™t hammer on it until it gets fully warmed up and 4 bars means shit. Get an AP. Itā€™s not actual oil temp but between that and coolant temp youā€™ll have a pretty good idea when to pour the coals to it

Yep someone actually gets it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Itā€™s metal fresh out da machine shop. Mitch broke in my engine with break in oil and put it through many cycles at different rpms with an emphasis on much decelerations. This is all done for a reason not for shitzngiggles

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I was racing my friend who dropped me off within 10 minutes of having the car in my possession. Lol

koozy

3000 Post Club
Break In period and procedure is clearly stated in the owners manual. Reading anything beyond this forum is over rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi everyone,
This is my first post, and I intend to look around the forum soon to get some ideas. If you could lead me in the right direction that would be great.

1. Could someone tell me if my 2019 ST is suppose to have a trunk mat, or did they only put them on the front seats?

2. Anyone else O.E. antenna not sit straight when fully tightened. Mine is slightly angled to the side. Any nice easy upgrades for the antenna would be appreciated.

3. I plan to change the oil at 250 miles to get the right variety of driving in to break in the engine. Is it ok to replace the oil and filter with an after market like Mobile 1 syn and a Bosch filter?

Thanks everyone.
1. Nope. Doesn't come with a trunk mat.
2. Tell the dealer about the antenna. They should fix/replace.
3. I did the Pelotonracer break-in, too. Did it help? Don't know, but it runs like a beast. He recommends semi-synthetic up to 5000.
https://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-discussions/277-engine-break-101-a.html

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Break In period and procedure is clearly stated in the owners manual. Reading anything beyond this forum is over rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The part where it says there is no break in procedure??? Just don't set the cruise control for 1600km is all I'm reading.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ_Lj_cHh8o