Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just got Pro tuned at Cobb Plano.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Just got tuned at Cobb. Car put down 186whp and 285 lb ft on 93. Gained around 12 whp all through the curve and 20lb ft of tq. Car feels so much better now. Numbers sound low?[scratch] OTS stage 1 Fist put down 165 same dyno. LOL[chair]

[video=youtube_share;R2poG055VGE]http://youtu.be/R2poG055VGE[/video]

Bone stock the mentioned car put down 145, I am a bit surprised as isn't this the same dyno Ian's car got tested on?

The low end numbers seem accurate but anything over 4000 is just looooow

Ian vs the low dyno

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I am not concerned with it. This Dyno read so low lol. The ole heartbreaker haha. Not 100% on that it being the same dyno but I would reason it is. They can make a dyno read whatever you want. I can tell you that my car feels a lot different and stronger. Did it make 200 whp? no. Does tat mean its slower then other cars that did? I highly doubt it.

Edit: Good find. That is a interesting dyno comparison.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I wonder if the dyno at the Plano location shows lower numbers than other places...I remember pelotonracer2 had his dynoed there and was surprised that his numbers were lower than expected. But as long as you are happy is all that matters really.

FocusMike

[MENTION=1058]re-rx7[/MENTION] I'm thinking about heading up there one of these days to get my car tuned too. Can you share your dyno results?

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I wonder if the dyno at the Plano location shows lower numbers than other places...I remember pelotonracer2 had his dynoed there and was surprised that his numbers were lower than expected. But as long as you are happy is all that matters really.
We should call it "the low dyno". LOL car runs great and picked up hp throughout the band. I will post a pic later today when I get home. Base stage 3 OTS was 173.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
[MENTION=1058]re-rx7[/MENTION] I'm thinking about heading up there one of these days to get my car tuned too. Can you share your dyno results?
Sure man. Ill take a pic when I get home.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
We should call it "the low dyno". LOL car runs great and picked up hp throughout the band. I will post a pic later today when I get home. Base stage 3 OTS was 173.
haha yeah we'll use your results as the "new base results" for Stage III.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
haha yeah we'll use your results as the "new base results" for Stage III.
For sure. With this dyno on a dyno jet it should be around 210 or so. Oh well. Sandbag status lol

You were also tuned on 93 vs the crappy ACN91 we get out here. COBB Socal's Dyno has to be using some weird calibration. Remeber all the controversy on here when Matt Farrah posted the video with his race gas results? I know every Dyno is different, but you'd think two similarly setup dynos would be closer then that!

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I agree 100%. That's a huge difference between Texas and Cali using the same dyno. Think about this, the only thing I didn't have that The smoking tires car had is full intake (thank god) and the ic pipes. Oh and I have a .25" smaller exhaust piping. Here is the kicker I have a catless dp when they were using a CATTED Cobb. So these parts apparently add 24whp.

I am not concerned with it. This Dyno read so low lol. The ole heartbreaker haha. Not 100% on that it being the same dyno but I would reason it is. They can make a dyno read whatever you want. I can tell you that my car feels a lot different and stronger. Did it make 200 whp? no. Does tat mean its slower then other cars that did? I highly doubt it.

Edit: Good find. That is a interesting dyno comparison.
You said it best here. It is the same car as everyone else regardless of what the dyno says. What you did get was a custom tune that many do not have regardless of the numbers.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
LOL a little more to the story. Playing devils advocate I actually mixed in some Torco accelerator. This was most def above 93 octane. Most likely 95 -97. Now wrap your minds around that. All tuning was done with this in the tank.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
If only you can drive out to CA and get on the Dyno out there.[rofl]

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I agree 100%. That's a huge difference between Texas and Cali using the same dyno. Think about this, the only thing I didn't have that The smoking tires car had is full intake (thank god) and the ic pipes. Oh and I have a .25" smaller exhaust piping. Here is the kicker I have a catless dp when they were using a CATTED Cobb. So these parts apparently add 24whp.
Why do you say thank god after the full intake comment?

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Ill be going to cobb so cal for a stage 3 tune in the near future. Well see how optimistic my numbers are lol