Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just got Pro tuned at Cobb Plano.

antarctica24

Evo is limited to 600hp bwhahahah
I'm with you there I think the disconnect or pattern I'm detecting is it doesn't matter if the numbers aren't good enough. There is no evo anywhere in the planet pulling 625ft lbs of torque at the wheels. Why? Because it would tear the axels in half not to mention the drive shaft so I get him that it doesn't matter. No race on any planet was ever determined in the quarter mile based on hp. It is always about torque and where it comes in 800 hp and all wheel drive hell yes that would be bad ass unfortunately that's not happening in our fiesta. I only say that about the TA because I made it happen. I didn't see his 800 hp evo so really nothing to compare with that was relevant to the conversation.

The best we can hope for and maybe I'll be the first one to do it but 300whp and 325 wtq with the torque band building around 200 at 2500rpm and hitting 325 at 4500 rpm all these numbers everyone is making somebody's going to break something 289 Tq and 212 hp. Some this got to give. Too much torque too early on. We need some upgraded axels and clutch.

I built that car because a bunch people on the forum said it couldn't be done on the stock computer. I would have loved to racethe 800 hp evo that have been awesome. My guess is at the drag strip where is the only place it counts not rolling down the road I would have been 1/2 way down the track before he got going.

The only people that say it doesn't matter are those who can't do it

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I don't know about torque, but 1100hp evo's exist. Evo's are not my cup of tea ( aka budget ), but that maybe the 1 4 banger car not to take lightly. Its fairly normal to see evo's pulling 9sec 1/4 miles at my home track, and these cars that are street registered ( which is a whole nother arguement, my friends street legal and driven viper when 7.0@201mph ), but you'd be hard pressed to see him drive it to work 5 days in a row,'lol.

antarctica24

I don't know about torque, but 1100hp evo's exist. Evo's are not my cup of tea ( aka budget ), but that maybe the 1 4 banger car not to take lightly. Its fairly normal to see evo's pulling 9sec 1/4 miles at my home track, and these cars that are street registered ( which is a whole nother arguement, my friends street legal and driven viper when 7.0@201mph ), but you'd be hard pressed to see him drive it to work 5 days in a row,'lol.
7.0@201 wow that's awesome I always thought they were cheating with 2 extra cylinder but man I would have loved to have seen I bet that was awesome

Don't get wrong I'm not dissing on the evo there great cars not really comfortable for daily use remember im driving about 6000 miles a month so it would not work but it would be fun

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I kinda like EVO's but what I have seen local here they are sorta hard on clutches or maybe thats just the drivers idk but a interesting car anyways

iso100

1000 Post Club
How long did the tuning process take and about how many pulls?