Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just installed Turbosmart EM Dual Port BOV

I just installed a Turbo EM VR2 Dual Port and I noticed when cruising in 6th and having to give it a little gas(going up a hill), when I throttle back but don’t completely let off the throttle. It will release a small amount of pressure but then a few seconds later I can here it releasing again but more as a swell that gets louder. Then a few seconds after it closes. I tried to get a video but all you can hear is wind and road noise. Is this normal?

Here a video of it in the garage, everything here sounds normal. https://youtu.be/g1-JoEXbYh8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I just installed a Turbo EM VR2 Dual Port and I noticed when cruising in 6th and having to give it a little gas(going up a hill), when I throttle back but don’t completely let off the throttle. It will release a small amount of pressure but then a few seconds later I can here it releasing again but more as a swell that gets louder. Then a few seconds after it closes. I tried to get a video but all you can hear is wind and road noise. Is this normal?

Here a video of it in the garage, everything here sounds normal. https://youtu.be/g1-JoEXbYh8

Yes this is normal and happens with the stock bov as well but is far more noticable with aftermarket bovs cuz they are generally louder and move more air.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
Ecmdrw5
Thread Starter #3
Yes this is normal and happens with the stock bov as well but is far more noticable with aftermarket bovs cuz they are generally louder and move more air.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Thanks, just making sure. I’ve never modified a car before and want to treat her right.

Yeah I noticed this when I had my Injen short ram intake with stock everything else.

It seems to me like when you've let up on the throttle after boosting, the electronic bypass valve opens to release pressure but you're still on the throttle so the turbo is still spinning and producing more boost. Because you're still building boost and not at full throttle, the bypass valve stays open while to release the boost your building, creating the blow off sound. After a few seconds the BPV snaps closed.