Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just noticed cracking paint.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Looks like fords poor paint quality has struck my car as well. Right where the window pillar on the front drivers door makes that hard angle to follow the roof i have cracking paint. Good thing in wrapping the pillars. Might look into having them painted. Its kind of bull a 3 year old car is having paint issues now too.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Just remember how bad Honda civics were especially in certain colors were the paint completely destroyed itself within a few years. Nissan also has some serious paint issues.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Let's not forget GM....But these days it's the eco-friendly water based paints that really do alot of cars in and mediocre prep work too.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Thays understandable. But in the 19 ish years since my mk1 zx3 they haven't solved water based paint issues? Good thing i planned to wrap that spot. But at the sane time im still kinda pissed.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I found mine @37k....ford told me to beat feet.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I wish there was a survey to rate ford's job actually making the car. Much less their customer service. What good is a warranty when all they do is deny work. Im sure if these were mustand theyd be scrambling over themselves to fix things.

TemecFist

I have the infamous bubbling and corrosion around the rear antenna. Ford is repainting the whole roof for me.

FYI Ford has 5 yr unlimited miles warranty on paint bubbling and corrosion under paint body panels corroding all the way through. Though they repainted my hatch for me at 40k miles.

edited to correct per SteveS's post

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The panel has be rusted through for Perforation....which would only happen if you are sponge bob square pants and live under the sea.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ive written ferd off due to their poor quality in paint. They don't care once they get your money as with most manufactures these days....which is unfortunate.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Straight from Ford Oasis on my car:

COVERAGE TYPE:Corrosion Perforation

COVERAGE DESCRIPTION:5 years/ Unlimited miles

ADDITIONAL INFO:
No perforation req.on Aluminum Panels