Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just noticed cracking paint.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Paint Coming off doesn't count as perforation though....I've been told you literally have to be able to push your finger through the panel to qualify. But there are the dealer who do care about their consumers...but those are few and far between. But if its under 3 yrs and 36k they will cover paint.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Ive written ferd off due to their poor quality in paint. They don't care once they get your money as with most manufactures these days....which is unfortunate.
I haven't written them off yet. My dad has had a 1992 F150, 2004 F150, and 2010 F150. Mom has had 2007 Fusion and 2010 Fusion. Sister has had a 2006 Focus and 2013 Focus. None of which had paint issues and working at Ford myself I haven't seen paint issues this common quite like the Fiesta so as far as I'm concerned the FiST's are the brunt of the quality issues. I'm sure other models have had some issues but not at the capacity of the FiST.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Paint Coming off doesn't count as perforation though....I've been told you literally have to be able to push your finger through the panel to qualify. But there are the dealer who do care about their consumers...but those are few and far between. But if its under 3 yrs and 36k they will cover paint.
All dealerships are different. The one I work for isn't anal like others. Mine has been covered twice with no fuss so far for the under hood and inside hatch paint peeling.

The corrosion warranty explicitly states it's 5 years/unlimited mileage for perforation only.
Double checked the warranty and I was wrong. I thought I head read that if it bubbles as well somewhere, but I must be making that up. I do know I got my hatch repainted under warranty because paint bubbled a bit and flaked off with some small amounts of rust underneath when I was around 40k miles 🤷.

I guess the takeaway is unless it's a hassle, why not see if the dealership will take care of it first?

Show me where? Its a 3 yr 36k paint...but maybe something has changed. Please share! Oh wait..... No it does not. Do you live in Denver?

https://firstquarterfinance.com/ford-paint-warranty/
Dude, what's your deal?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
I figure if it comes down to it ill get a new or used door and then do a Custom paint job on the car. I wrapped it with vynil again so at least its somewhat weather sheilded.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Double checked the warranty and I was wrong. I thought I head read that if it bubbles as well somewhere, but I must be making that up. I do know I got my hatch repainted under warranty because paint bubbled a bit and flaked off with some small amounts of rust underneath when I was around 40k miles [emoji1745].

I guess the takeaway is unless it's a hassle, why not see if the dealership will take care of it first?

Dude, what's your deal?
Do you live in Denver? It was a simple question.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Double checked the warranty and I was wrong. I thought I head read that if it bubbles as well somewhere, but I must be making that up. I do know I got my hatch repainted under warranty because paint bubbled a bit and flaked off with some small amounts of rust underneath when I was around 40k miles 🤷.

This is what I did. My paint was no where near as bad as others who have posted issues with paint. I got mine taken care of before it got worse. Thankfully I had people who had the problems before me.

We'll see how long it lasts, as I've seen others get theirs fixed and have problems again