Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just recieved some goodies from Compomotive

My 17x8 Compomotive MO5's just arrived. I honestly can't say enough good things about Compomotive. They were very easy to deal with, and had no problem catering to my requests. All said and done the MO5's were just over $1200 shipped to my door in Oregon from the UK. That's including custom paint, lug nuts, and two different center caps. My only gripe with Compomotive is their tall chrome conical center caps, I just never liked the look of them. But they were more than happy to include some flat caps that I'll have paint later on but that's no big deal. I plan on running 215/40R17 Dunlop Direzza ZIII's I haven't heard too much about these so I'm interested how they perform. Unfortunately I think going to wait until I get my suspension installed before I throw these on, but I might get antsy and put them on for the hell of it. I'm super excited to see how these will look on my Shadow Black ST.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
E
Thread Starter #3
I agree. I initially wanted to get the Fifteen52 Tarmacs in Silver but they wouldn't sell them to me in any other color than that dark grey or white. So I figured I'd at least get a quote from Compo for the hell of it. And after they gave me the price it was a no brainer. I probably could have done the Tarmacs for a little bit cheaper with painting them elsewhere, but I have no regrets going in this direction.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Glad to hear that they have improved their customer service/relations since back when I waited over a year to get a (16x8) set, in the same color as yours, made up for my Navy metallic blue (or whatever they called that color back then) '90 T-Bird SC, through a U.S. based distributor, back in 1998. [thumb]

LOVED the wheels, BTW, so worth the wait/hassle, and yeah, I know what you mean by their center caps (I still have a blue anodized set somewhere). [:)]

That setup will look (and perform) phenomenal(ly) on your ST, ENJOY!! [driving]

Nice wheels, can't go wrong with Compos.

But fifteen52 definitely could refinish your wheels when you buy from them new. Got a quote for $150 each earlier this year. They also have a biannual 25% sale, and recently had a random 30% off sale. $75 shipping to WA. Just some info for other people deciding on this style of wheels.

I do like this version better though. The spokes get narrower than the fifteen52s where they meet the rim. Makes the wheel look faster and lighter some how.

Anybody else running Compmos? Perhaps in 16" fitment? Glad to hear the US distributor is good to deal with. The old one was a nightmare.

Saving my pennies and thinking another set may be in the cards this spring. I had the "brake clearence" version of the 16x8 MO years ago on a MK2 VR car and it's still my favorite wheel I ever had. So tuff.

They are not light. They are all rally use type wheels and the MO is one of the tarmac rally versions. I think my 16's were 17lbs. Strong as hell and they look like it. Lots of meat on the 5 spokes. Pretty sure the main models people have are all cast. They make some crazy stuff for special cars that may be forged or something.

It's an old skool UK rally brand you see on usually pretty hardcore cars. They make UrQuattro OEM replicas and F40 wheels and shit like that. The MO and TH versions have become classics. 1552 is not ashamed about essentially taking the MO design and making it more accesible.

10-15 years ago these wheels were very hard to get in the US. Maybe they still are. You dont see them much.

I have had a bunch of good wheel stuff and these are right among the best of your BBS, Volk, old Ronal, SSR etc in terms of quality.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Glad to hear the US distributor is good to deal with. The old one was a nightmare.
Yeah, that set of 16x8s took them OVER a year to get to me, but then again that was more Compomotive's fault than the distributor's back then, given that they were NOT in the habit of making wheels for a T-Bird SC's PCD/offset at all. [wink]

Ironically, that leftover set of center caps from those Compomotives, black plasti-dipped, will now go on my winter/rally worker Method MR 501 VTs, since Method offers nothing whatsoever as far as center caps go for those wheels (they claim because it was designed from the get go as a pure gravel rally competition wheel, just like the Speedline 2118s), and they were the ONLY thing which is even close to fitting, and staying in the center bore's space.

Last edited:
OP
E
Thread Starter #10
This thread has gained some recent posts so I figured itā€™s time for an update. To be clear I didnā€™t get these wheels from a distributor I went to Compomotive themselves and got a quote. Super easy to do and they were a tremendous help. Iā€™m seriously thinking about ordering some THā€™s for a winter setup but I have a few things to get done before that.

Yes these are heavy wheels, I did weigh them and if I remember correctly they were around 20lbs just for one wheel alone, but they are a very well built and sturdy wheel. Originally I wanted to wait to mount them until I got my coilovers installed. But itā€™s been 3 months and my KW V3ā€™s are still not here so I got impatient.

The only thing I donā€™t like about Compomotive is the chrome conical center cap they use. But they did give me a set of flat caps that I painted silver and stuck on a blue ford center cap, Iā€™m pretty pleased with the outcome. I also used a set of black Mcgard lug nuts over the ones I got from Compomotive for no other reason than they look good and I like the wheel lock they use.

So far Iā€™m very happy with these wheels, however the car desperately needs to be lowered now which will eventually happen when MountuneUSA gets off their ass and sends me my suspension.

003C134F-B95B-4BE0-912E-89A1A4912705.jpeg

Oh yeah it needs to dropped. I almost thought those were all seasons. I canā€™t see that much tread on mine. Gaininā€™ on it!

This thread has gained some recent posts so I figured itā€™s time for an update. To be clear I didnā€™t get these wheels from a distributor I went to Compomotive themselves and got a quote. Super easy to do and they were a tremendous help. Iā€™m seriously thinking about ordering some THā€™s for a winter setup but I have a few things to get done before that.

Yes these are heavy wheels, I did weigh them and if I remember correctly they were around 20lbs just for one wheel alone, but they are a very well built and sturdy wheel. Originally I wanted to wait to mount them until I got my coilovers installed. But itā€™s been 3 months and my KW V3ā€™s are still not here so I got impatient.

The only thing I donā€™t like about Compomotive is the chrome conical center cap they use. But they did give me a set of flat caps that I painted silver and stuck on a blue ford center cap, Iā€™m pretty pleased with the outcome. I also used a set of black Mcgard lug nuts over the ones I got from Compomotive for no other reason than they look good and I like the wheel lock they use.

So far Iā€™m very happy with these wheels, however the car desperately needs to be lowered now which will eventually happen when MountuneUSA gets off their ass and sends me my suspension.

View attachment 21853

Those look awesome. The non flat center cap is total garbage. Like half a pop can. I waited 5 months for those piles of shit back in the day. I got three mounted super carefully and then dented the 4th trying to get them on my powder coated MO's. Epic frustration.

That's a damn good looking wheel and just different enough from all the 1552 stuff to know they are the real deal.

Those look awesome. The non flat center cap is total garbage. Like half a pop can. I waited 5 months for those piles of shit back in the day. I got three mounted super carefully and then dented the 4th trying to get them on my powder coated MO's. Epic frustration.

That's a damn good looking wheel and just different enough from all the 1552 stuff to know they are the real deal.
But the weight man...Donā€™t tell RAAM

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

View attachment 21853

Were the flat center caps also all chrome??
(IF they are the same size as their old, blue anodized, very thin aluminum alloy conical deals, I may want a set for my Method wheels, since those old ones fit, and I also dented one getting it into the Method center bore. [:(] )

Looks GREAT, and yeah, will look even better with a little drop. [thumb]

OP
E
Thread Starter #16
Yes the center caps were chrome, I ended up painting them silver to match. But as a warning Iā€™ve heard the newer center caps are a different size from the older ones. I tried to get a set of the blue ones but I was told they wouldnā€™t fit.