Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

K and N COLD AIR INTAKE - HIGH-FLOW, ROTO-MOLD TUBE from a 2015 to a 2016

Hello Masterminds!

I have an opportunity to swap a K and N Cold air intake CARB LEGAL VERSION. However its coming from a 2015 into a 2016 and the other car wants a stock intake. With the cursory research it looks like I may need the evap kit from whoosh in order to make it work.

1. Do I need the evap whoosh kit so it doesn't code in my 2016? By the way the instructions look like they make considerations for both versions.

https://kandn.com/instructions/57-2587_inst.pdf

2. Will my stock filter, box crossover work in the 2015 from my 2016?

Or rather how can it work? If it's an easy swap I'll do it.

I am currently running Whoosh short intake and kept my stock for obvious reasons.

Thank you for your input.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Hello Masterminds!

I have an opportunity to swap a K and N Cold air intake CARB LEGAL VERSION. However its coming from a 2015 into a 2016 and the other car wants a stock intake. With the cursory research it looks like I may need the evap kit from whoosh in order to make it work.

1. Do I need the evap whoosh kit so it doesn't code in my 2016? By the way the instructions look like they make considerations for both versions.

https://kandn.com/instructions/57-2587_inst.pdf

2. Will my stock filter, box crossover work in the 2015 from my 2016?

Or rather how can it work? If it's an easy swap I'll do it.

I am currently running Whoosh short intake and kept my stock for obvious reasons.

Thank you for your input.
You will need to swap your evap harness to a 2014-2015, which you should do anyways because their purge valve fails less frequently and it takes 15 min to do. Can’t speak for the 2016 stock going on the 2015. I don’t remember what the “induction hose” middle segment of the intake tract looks like, but can say it definitely won’t fit without doing anything to it. I just don’t know what needs to be done. On aftermarket induction hoses like Mountune that I used to run, you could just pull the 2 pc split off but the stock one may not be detachable.

Last edited:

Dialcaliper

Looking at those instructions, it doesn’t actually deal with the 2016 properly. The only difference seems to be “unplug both” instead of “unplug one”, which is exactly how you get check engine lights

The proper way is the 2014-2015 evap harness