Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Keeping Ethanol tuning simple. 1:1 ratio E46?

Hi all, I'm going to be getting my xtreme di HPFP and uprated injectors added to my car tomorrow and I'm having a local shop tune it for me. I figure I can have it show up with any fuel I'm running and that's what they will tune for. My question is, can I safely run a blend of E45ish? According to the Tune+ ethanol calculator E46 is almost 1:1 of e85 and 93oct if filling from empty and straight 93 use.

If it is safe to run that much ethanol with the pump and injectors then it would make fill ups much easier and save me from doing any math or pulling up calculators at the pump.

Perhaps I could just get tuned for Adam's standard E-40 (just fill up with 5 gallons of e85 and top off with 93). Would it be safe at that point to run an extra gallon of E85, hit my 1:1 I want, even though I'd be tuned for E-40 and trying to run E45?

Edit: I'm upgrading to S280 with all these parts.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, it does seem kind of futile, and a waste of coin to do that expensive upgrade for a factory snail, regardless of how crazy/on the edge you attempt to tune it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would just ask whichever tuner you go with about this, since they would (probably) know better than anyone on here. [wink]

Se7eN

Perhaps I could just get tuned for Adam's standard E-40 (just fill up with 5 gallons of e85 and top off with 93). Would it be safe at that point to run an extra gallon of E85, hit my 1:1 I want, even though I'd be tuned for E-40 and trying to run E45?
Edit: I'm upgrading to S280 with all these parts.
You could get an ethanol content reader.

If not just go ahead and get a tester so you know the exact amount of ethanol your local pump has so you know how much to go with. I myself just use a calculator and pump in 5 or 6 gal incriments cause we don't have pump E85 here.

Get an ethanol content sensor. It would be a shame to blow your car up do to low content E or a bad mixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk