Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Key Trouble

So my car was telling me my remote battery needed to be replaced so I replaced it and now it doesn't work. I'm thinking it needs to be reprogrammed any ideas? Can I program it myself?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Check the obvious errors first.
Is the replacement battery good?
Did you install the battery correctly?
Did you remember to remove the plastic tab from the new battery?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Of course if your second key still works, then yes, you may need to see your dealer.

OP
arryarvvy
Thread Starter #5
Of course if your second key still works, then yes, you may need to see your dealer.
trying to avoid the million-dollar fee they charge for keys. I lost my spare. Right now just putting it up to the ignition and starting it. Buttons just don't work.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Check the battery again, try another!
Low voltage will cause what your experiencing.
Just because it is new does not mean it is good if it was stored incorrectly or expired, it could be bad.

Maybe dumb, but some watch batteries come with a piece of plastic stuck to it you have to peel off first. I would start with the obvious possibly overlooked, check if there is something on the battery, its in the correct way, and seated good. If all that checks out, I would try another battery. I just recently changed mine, and should not need reprogramming.