Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Knocking noise by sync navigation when turning on car

So when I haven't turned on my car for a few hours it will make a knocking noise inside the cabin seems like it's coming for the touch screen navigation area it'll knock loud for 30 seconds then stop it'll only happen when I haven't turned on the car for a while. It's freaking me out hoping you guys have any idea?

Speaking of the climate control system; mine takes 15-20 seconds to react to air direction changes after input. Anyone else deal with this?

Etyrnus

Just had mine checked this morning. Was right, HVAC door mode actuator. Part ordered, dealer will call me when it's in.

So when I haven't turned on my car for a few hours it will make a knocking noise inside the cabin seems like it's coming for the touch screen navigation area it'll knock loud for 30 seconds then stop it'll only happen when I haven't turned on the car for a while. It's freaking me out hoping you guys have any idea?
Hey mncra7,

Have you had a chance to have this checked out by your Ford Dealership? Send over a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number - I'll take a look and see how I can help. :)

Just had mine checked this morning. Was right, HVAC door mode actuator. Part ordered, dealer will call me when it's in.
Glad to read this is being taken care of for you! I'll be here if you need anything - don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Nick

Speaking of the climate control system; mine takes 15-20 seconds to react to air direction changes after input. Anyone else deal with this?
Yeah, mine can be slow to react too. I never really know what it is doing. It also sometimes makes a weird noise from behind the Sync screen for a while when I turn on A/C full blast on a hot day, but usually goes away. Sounds like something being blown around in there or reacting to the temp change maybe.