Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Koni Orange with Stock Springs?

So I daily drive my FiST about 75 miles a day. I LOVE the handling of the car stock, but it can be a bit bouncy at times for my Commute. After reading a lot of reviews, I purchased the Koni Orange shocks and struts for the car. I am now seeing that a lot of guys run these with the Eibach springs, but I was planning on running them with the stock springs. Is anyone currently using that set up? And if so how is the ride and handling? Any other tips to make the FiST as comfortable as possible while still being enjoyable to drive would be much appreciated!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
So I daily drive my FiST about 75 miles a day. I LOVE the handling of the car stock, but it can be a bit bouncy at times for my Commute. After reading a lot of reviews, I purchased the Koni Orange shocks and struts for the car. I am now seeing that a lot of guys run these with the Eibach springs, but I was planning on running them with the stock springs. Is anyone currently using that set up? And if so how is the ride and handling? Any other tips to make the FiST as comfortable as possible while still being enjoyable to drive would be much appreciated!
Getting significantly lighter wheels, about 4 to 5 lb per wheel lighter than stock, is a great way to soften up the ride some. It means there's less weight bouncing up and down, so it doesn't hit as hard on the bumps, it makes the car lighter on its feet.
The difficulty in finding wheels for our car is that the stock 4x108 bolt pattern is kind of rare, so the choices are limited. The Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s that I got were a great option that the time, and save a little over 5 lbs per wheel over the stock ones, but they have gotten very hard to get since the US lost its distributor for them.I like to know what I'm going to replace something with it becomes damaged, so I'm aware of these wheels on Tire Rack which seem like a good option and have a similar weight-
These Sparcos are about 17 lb, a little bit over 5 lb lighter per wheel than the stock ones, and have a basically stock offset.
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=W29081002LG&wheelMake=Sparco&wheelModel=FF-1 17&wheelFinish=Light Grey Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=
I'm disappointed to see that they are discontinued, but it does say that some are still available.
These would be my second choice, about 2 lb heavier than the Sparcos but still enough lighter than stock to make a difference, and the offset is 2 mm farther out-
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4467701145BRML&wheelMake=Enkei+Performance&wheelModel=EV5&wheelFinish=Bronze+w/Machined+Lip&showRear=no&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=

I'm on stock springs and shocks so I can't help you there.

Last edited:
Get some 15" wheels with a big size sidewall tire. A big sidewall tire will soften up the drive a lot.
If that doesn't work start inspecting suspension bits, worn out suspension will not be kind to you.