Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Konig Countergram

Looks like Konig is going full dive on their Flow Formed wheels after the success of the Hypergram and Dekagram. As you may know, the Hypergram was released as a competitor for the Enkei RPF1 and Motegi MR 131. Being strong, light, cheap and offering BBK clearance has been the key to it's success.

Here's the new CounterGram and what I've found so far:

- They'll come in two faces: A (bottom) and B (top)
- The two finishes are Matte black w/ matte machined lip and Hyper Chrome center w/ mirror machined lip
- Konig announced they'll have 4 lug options in 15" and 17" so it's likely we'll see another 17x8 +40 4x108. No confirmation on 4x108, but it's likely going to be an option
- Price range is to be similar to the Hypergram, so expect ~$700
- It has a raised face in both the A and B face to help accommodate larger brake kits.

I'm excited for the release of these and I'm hopeful the Fiesta gets a B-Face 17x8 +40.

1573837417219.png
1573837430563.png

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Looks like Konig is going full dive on their Flow Formed wheels after the success of the Hypergram and Dekagram. As you may know, the Hypergram was released as a competitor for the Enkei RPF1 and Motegi MR 131. Being strong, light, cheap and offering BBK clearance has been the key to it's success.

Here's the new CounterGram and what I've found so far:

- They'll come in two faces: A (bottom) and B (top)
- The two finishes are Matte black w/ matte machined lip and Hyper Chrome center w/ mirror machined lip
- Konig announced they'll have 4 lug options in 15" and 17" so it's likely we'll see another 17x8 +40 4x108. No confirmation on 4x108, but it's likely going to be an option
- Price range is to be similar to the Hypergram, so expect ~$700
- It has a raised face in both the A and B face to help accommodate larger brake kits.

I'm excited for the release of these and I'm hopeful the Fiesta gets a B-Face 17x8 +40.

View attachment 25169
View attachment 25170
Retro looking wheel [emoji106]

The black one looks like the offset will not be compatible with that concave face. I only say that because Konig likes to torture the higher offest folks, by only making the deep dish ones for the rwd folks

2017 w/Recaros - bone stock

OP
Shikari
Thread Starter #3

The black one looks like the offset will not be compatible with that concave face. I only say that because Konig likes to torture the higher offest folks, by only making the deep dish ones for the rwd folks

Agreed. I have a hard time believing A face will be available in our sizes. I'm personally not a fan of the concave, but everyone has their style.

Brianmc27

Always nice to have more options, but they already knocked it out of the park with the Dekagrams, IMO.

Agreed, currently have the Hypergrams and love them.. but the deep dish Hypergrams look much better for the 240sx crowd and other rwd crowd.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Agreed. I have a hard time believing A face will be available in our sizes. I'm personally not a fan of the concave, but everyone has their style.
Actually its the opposite Konig usually is willing to make an A face for our cars not a a B . I am personally the opposite of you . I am a big fan of concave its a more modern look. Big lip is cool but definitely retro and convex is just ugly period! Lol Spokes on a wheel should not bulge outward and I happen to think the B face looks good and the A face is ugly.

There you go counterpoint to counterpoint.

Agreed, currently have the Hypergrams and love them.. but the deep dish Hypergrams look much better for the 240sx crowd and other rwd crowd.
A lot of the 240sx crowd loves Concave, most hate Convex and yes we all did love lip but thats kind of an old school thing now.
Trust me , owned way too many 240sx’s and was way into the cars for a good 12-15 years. Oh you own a 240sx ya I have engine mounts for you , drift freaq.

OP
Shikari
Thread Starter #8
Actually its the opposite Konig usually is willing to make an A face for our cars not a a B . I am personally the opposite of you . I am a big fan of concave its a more modern look. Big lip is cool but definitely retro and convex is just ugly period! Lol Spokes on a wheel should not bulge outward and I happen to think the B face looks good and the A face is ugly.

There you go counterpoint to counterpoint.
Lol like i said, everyone has their preference. I like concave but it depends on the wheel. Like a Convex TE37 looks stupid compared to a concave one. I think my preference for convex comes from me liking flat faced Rally wheels.
1573846939151.png

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Lol like i said, everyone has their preference. I like concave but it depends on the wheel. Like a Convex TE37 looks stupid compared to a concave one. I think my preference for convex comes from me liking flat faced Rally wheels.
View attachment 25174
At the Empire State Performance Rally I worked/volunteered on last month, there was a competitor with a white replica of that car (same flares, wing, sills, etc., but NO 555 livery), with some gold-ish bronze Method MR501VT 15x7 gravel rally wheels on it, and that was one of the absolute BEST/cleanest looking rally cars (and THE absolute best looking Scoobie, save for that McRae tarmac terror above [wink]) I have EVER seen, PERIOD!! [thumb] [cool] [driving]

OP
Shikari
Thread Starter #12
At the Empire State Performance Rally I worked/volunteered on last month, there was a competitor with a white replica of that car (same flares, wing, sills, etc., but NO 555 livery), with some gold-ish bronze Method MR501VT 15x7 gravel rally wheels on it, and that was one of the absolute BEST/cleanest looking rally cars (and THE absolute best looking Scoobie, save for that McRae tarmac terror above [wink]) I have EVER seen, PERIOD!! [thumb] [cool] [driving]
You'd like my RallyX car then
https://flic.kr/p/2hH1fuG]
60906955_10216701654508593_113637082236190720_n[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/photos/132091316@N04/]caden sweeney[/url], on Flickr
https://flic.kr/p/2hH4WVV]
61476925_10216721686369377_5602458445887307776_o[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/photos/132091316@N04/]caden sweeney[/url], on Flickr

OP
Shikari
Thread Starter #14
^^^Yup, dems da hoops it had on it, with some DMack gravel donuts on them. [wink] [twothumb]
I need to buy new gravels. These are like 5 year old Pirelli's that are softs dry rotted to hards lol. Fun fact, they're used tires that we got from Ken Block for free because he has the money to run new ones all the time.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Fun fact, they're used tires that we got from Ken Block for free because he has the money to run new ones all the time.
Does he have a shop near SLC, since I notice that all of his (and his wife's R2 car) US based rally cars have Utah tags on them??

OP
Shikari
Thread Starter #16
Does he have a shop near SLC, since I notice that all of his (and his wife's R2 car) US based rally cars have Utah tags on them??
He does. It's unmarked.

I've been told people see him in Park City all the time but I don't know if that's where he lives full time.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
View attachment 25174
[

Ya but flat face is different than Convex and Flat face can look good.

Oh and on that XXR in the Civic that’s just fail all the way around lol. Ride height is too high not decambered for the offset, needs a flare if run like whats in the picture. XXR Wheels which suck ass. Plus their design of the wheel.
ya but see in the 240sx world a lot of us love Concave. Its the modern look, whereas dished big lip is old school appreciated but old school. Ya way to deep in that world for years do you own one ? Want to buy some engine mounts I sell? drift freaq.

Then you must really HATE the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s in a 17x8 for our rides. LOL
Ya not a fan of 17x8 +45‘s at all. lol

Last edited: