Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

koozy's ST

Mikey456

I was thinking about replacing my oem tires with the Falkens. Let us know how u like the new tires.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #407
Fresh new tires deserved an alignment this morning. Stock OE bolts.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #409
Who do you use for alignments? I am going to need a place that is familar with our cars and does not just do just stock alignment settings.
For track I recommend Westend Alignment in Gardena. Been in the biz catering to track guys for years. They can corner balance your coil overs, make adjustment, etc. and do the alignment with you seated in the car to account for your weight. He's who I'd go to for specific requirements.

For regular alignments on any of my cars and like the one I had done on my ST, I have my local American Tire Depot do it. There's nothing fancy with my set up to require more than just getting things per OE specs for my needs right now. I had them mount my tires on to the Dekagrams. They will line up the dot on the tires to the valve stem if you ask. They even used black wheel weights when I didn't ask, which is pretty sweet because you don't notice the weights on the black wheel.

Black wheel weights [emoji41]

Last edited:
Member of the Eat, sleep, Ford club LOL :LOL:

It had rained on this day and this little guy's journey made it to this point before he got caught.

Random shots.

Any rubbing? I may have to roll my fenders a bit

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #414
Any rubbing? I may have to roll my fenders a bit
Both front liners and fenders, no issues with the rears.

I removed part of the liner that was falling apart. The tires had worn them down. I got tired of hearing them rub, so I just accelerated the process and removed the affected areas. Next thing is forming the fenders to clear. I've gone on several canyon runs with tight turns, compression and bounce to get the most rub, this helps me know where interference is located that's not induced during regular street driving. The fender rub is more severe than the liners as there's potential to slice the tires during contact.

Fender will be formed soon to tuck the lips in, I should be receiving the tool next week. There's no way I'm putting 225's on or considering them now without re-doing my suspension setup. I've already pulled/tugged the fenders as much as possible. The paint has been removed where contact has been made with the tires.

Last edited:
OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #415
Sent in another sample out of curiosity. This sample was with Castrol Edge 0w-40 with 3k miles, but was in the crankcase for over 2 years. The FiST is clearly not my sole means of transportation. I’m planning on wringing the motor out soon and felt it would be best to have fresh oil in there and not risk it. Good to see the results with Titanium, Magnesium and Zinc in the additive package.

Last edited:
OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #418
The tool itself works. I had both sides done in 15 minutes. I choose this over the roller type, because this doesn't put constant outward pressure on the fender and allows me to just pinch the lip where needed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sent in another sample out of curiosity. This sample was with Castrol Edge 0w-40 with 3k miles, but was in the crankcase for over 2 years. The FiST is clearly not my sole means of transportation. I’m planning on wringing the motor out soon and felt it would be best to have fresh oil in there and not risk it. Good to see the results with Titanium, Magnesium and Zinc in the additive package.

Was this the EURO, Dexos 2 formula, or just the basic, on the shelf at Wallys, Edge 0W-40?

Looks great, except that I would want a lower calcium level for our turbo, DI engines. [wink]

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #420
What a PIA it was to get this apart, lol.

Good time to clean up the mess and redo the tape covering holes that prevent water, spiders, etc. from finding its way into the cabin.

This will be painted to match the front accents. Bye bye water spots and wax stains.

Last edited: