Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

KW V3 Coilover specs

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I contacted KW and got some specs for the KW V3 Coilovers. Figured it would be helpful to share.

KW Coilover Kit V3 - 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
Part #35230063
Limited Lifetime Warrantee (To original purchaser)
MSRP $2,149.99

Independently adjustable compression and rebound dampening
Ride height adjustable by spring seat perch (not independent shock body and spring perch adjustments)
*Progressive non-linear front/rear springs
Front spring working rate: 228 lbs/in
Rear spring working rate: 154 lbs/in

For context, OEM spring rates:
Front: 171 lbs/in
Rear: 143 lbs/in

These coilovers reuse the OEM tophats front and rear, which makes it very hard to convert them to normal linear springs.

I don't think these would be a good track-centric coilover, like they are for other platforms.

iso100

1000 Post Club
They seemed to have drastically altered the spring rate bias front to rear. Wonder why they stiffened the front so much more than the rear...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I was set to order them, sold my BC's, decided to get more info and when I did backed out on them, luckily the buyer of the BC's was very understanding.

Probably a very nice street setup but certainly not a track version I would want to run, not on progressive springs!

Mine was via a vendor that emailed them, did not even get an answer on custom valving, etc...and did not know they used the stock top hats.....

Until somebody steps up and offers a reasonably priced street/track higher end package the BC's are the only game in town.