Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

KW v3 questions

kevinatfms

Be careful the Focus uses a larger lower eye bushing. Don't think it will fit in the lower shock mount. Can measure this based on the shock you sent me. I noticed it when I went to dyno it..
I’ve run the AGX Focus damper on my car. It fits and has a smaller eyelet. Some small washers to take up the slack was needed.

here are the measurements
IMG_2930.jpeg
IMG_2931.jpeg

Fusion Works

In my opinion the B14 kit doesn't make the car better than pairing the stock dampers with the Swift springs. The B14 has half the valving of the stock dampers everywhere. Not sure why Bilstein did this, beyond wanting to make the car ride better with a stiffer spring.

If I were planning on autoxing the car, I wouldn't want the B14, I would want something with stiffer valving. However the ability to revalve the B14 Front dampers is a huge advantage. The rears as mentioned in the science experiment thread require some machining to open them up, this will shorten the already shorter B14 damper even more.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thanks for a very comprehensive reply! Yes, my thought of initially going with ZetaCRD is to get exactly that, not a specialized autocross product but maybe something that makes me a bit faster on course. And I pretty much got exactly that and the suspension performed beautifully at the pad, except I could not imagine how harsh the solid strut mounts are on my ears in the long run (at least on this platform). But now that I tasted the coilover advantage, it's hard to go back to stock so here we are.
I just have to question this analysis purported above about the mounts on the ZetaCRD being Harsh . I have owned and driven on them for two years on a street driven car in Los Angeles ( are roads are shit) and have not experienced what you are talking about nor has anyone else except you. Oh and I am a sound engineer by trade.
You posted in another thread about this much to the surprise of I and others. I still think you either have something else going possibly other factors at play that are making you think this.

As far as KW’s go I ran ST XTA’s which are budget KW’s and while they were nice initially found they started bottoming on bumps after a year or so of use. I would therefor be circumspect of KW’s and for the price I would be looking at Fortune Auto’s do to the degree of hands on work and tuning design they dedicate to each car model specific product.

Though I will say it again lots of using MeisterR’s club sports and ZetaCRD’s you are literally then only person who has complained about the supposed harshness of the pillowball mounts. Perhaps you should not even be looking at coilovers because of this. As pillowball mounts on coilovers are pretty universally the same and if you perceive harshness on one brand you will perceive harshness on all brands. If that is really what you are perceiving.

OP
foodtruck
Thread Starter #24
just have to question this analysis purported above about the mounts on the ZetaCRD being Harsh . I have owned and driven on them for two years on a street driven car in Los Angeles ( are roads are shit) and have not experienced what you are talking about nor has anyone else except you. Oh and I am a sound engineer by trade.
You posted in another thread about this much to the surprise of I and others. I still think you either have something else going possibly other factors at play that are making you think this.
Please see my reply in the other thread.

As far as KW’s go I ran ST XTA’s which are budget KW’s and while they were nice initially found they started bottoming on bumps after a year or so of use. I would therefor be circumspect of KW’s and for the price I would be looking at Fortune Auto’s do to the degree of hands on work and tuning design they dedicate to each car model specific product.
Noted, thank you!

Though I will say it again lots of using MeisterR’s club sports and ZetaCRD’s you are literally then only person who has complained about the supposed harshness of the pillowball mounts.
To be fair I've seen occasional replies around where folks say "and that's why I never pillowball" but I do agree, I seem to be in the minority. I found myself in the same situation with my earlier exhaust purchase; every single piece of feedback I found on the one I bought indicated that it will be mild and barely noticeable and in fact it was splitting my skull open at 3k RPM.

Perhaps you should not even be looking at coilovers because of this. As pillowball mounts on coilovers are pretty universally the same and if you perceive harshness on one brand you will perceive harshness on all brands. If that is really what you are perceiving.
Yes, completely agreed, that's why I specified I'm looking for something that bolts onto the stock mounts in the initial post (y) I'm really out of ideas, because the coilovers are installed correctly from what I can tell, without any clunks or creaks or what have you. The only other option is to try softer tire but I need these for autocross :cry: