Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

La Chaquita Indomita

Hey everyone, I’m kinda new here and wanted to say hey. I’ve been lurking in the background for a little while and almost never post on forums or FB but here I go… I have a 2015 FiST that I got last September and I’ve already got it to FBO and of course, I’m wanting more. I hate to admit it but before this car, I had never even changed my own oil. Over about 4-5 weeks in my spare time, and learning as I went, I surprisingly managed to do all the work myself. Aside from a cracked windshield and some minor fitment issues with the bumper cover/oil cooler lines, everything turned out pretty good. I need to re-do a few minor things but all in all, I consider it a success.

My current setup is:

20% Tint
Eibach Front/Rear Swaybars (Only the rear is installed atm)
Rota Titan 17x8 w/
NGK Iridium IX-6510 1 Step Colder
Pierce Front Strut Tower Bar
Pierce Midship Brace
Mishimoto Radiator and Hoses
Cobb RMM
Cobb Exhaust Hangers
Injen 3” Cat-Back
Wagner FMIC
Mishimoto CAI
Cobb AP v3
Spec-D Tails
Clear Third Brake Light
Whoosh Ceramic Coated Catted Downpipe
Mountune Quick Shift
CP-E Exhale Cold Side Pipes w/ HKS Sequential BOV
Mishimoto Hot Side Pipes
TB Performance Crash Bar
Vega Front and Side Splitters
Vega Canards
Vega Wing Extension
Fully Torqued Racing Support Rods
Black w/White Ford Emblems
Sequential Turn Signals
Velossa Tech Wing Risers
Whoosh Transmission Cable Bracket Bushings
Boomba Shifter Base Bushings
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
Mishimoto Thermostatic Oil Cooler
Verus Hood Louvers
Verus Rear Diffuser
Mishimoto Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
Rally Armor Black w/Red
Reflect-A-Gold Heat Tape on Intake & Hood (Mainly to cover the hack job I did)

Well, I’m planning my next upgrades and I’ve all but decided on
  • Garrett G25-550
  • WaveTrac LSD
  • Peron 4-Port Aux Fuel
  • New Turbo Manifold
So, this is where I am now and I’m hoping some of y’all can help me out… I’ve pretty much decided on the G25-550 turbo but need some advice… what’s the deal with the standard vs reverse rotation? Pros/Cons? From what I understand, the .49 A/R version will spool quicker than the .72 but I can only find the .49 with an internal wastegate. I’m trying not to go beyond the scope of what I can do myself so simplicity of installation is somewhat of a factor so having an internal wastegate seems like the way to go unless there are considerable advantages to going with an external one. I like the Peron tubular manifold but it requires an external wastegate… The Pumaspeed R-Sport Quickspool manifold looks good too and I think I could run the .49a/r g25-550 IWG with it. And then there’s the Trac-Spec Honed manifold offered by Whoosh that has piqued my interest too. I have a hard time justifying the extra $400-700 on a “work of art” if it’s only going to improve performance marginally, if at all. The same can be said for the 4-port aux kits vs. the single port ones. I know my current mod list doesn’t exactly support this claim but ultimately I tend to favor function over fashion. I’m also running into a roadblock with the LSD options… I thought that I had decided on the WaveTrac but the more I look into them, the more I realize how much I don’t know and again have a hard time justifying the inflated price when compared to the cheaper MFactory one. In the end there’s more options, info and opinions than I know what to do with so any advice and recommendations about my choices for moving forward would be greatly appreciated. I’m not sure what a good plan would be to tackle these upgrades as far as which one first and so on AND/OR anything I need to consider that I might not have thought of. Oh, and this is my daily with track use at least once or twice/month and will be track only in another year or two, end goal of 400ish whp for no other reason than it sounds like a good goal… anyways, thanks y’all

Last edited:

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I have the mfactory lsd and that mofo pulls hard as hell when I get on it and glues the wheel far more solid than the stock diff. Also, I have the extruded exhaust manifold but I couldn't tell you how it compares cuz I did an entire engine bay transplant for my project so all the parts are new. I have heard that the quick spool manifolds are bogus though from ron and honestly tend to believe his claims because for the most part, he's always had Dyno graphs or some other proof to show me and since his hands are in so many other brands he really doesn't care what brand he sells as long as it's his stock.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
Did you have to do anything different to get those tires and rims to fit to fit under the car? Spacer?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I had spacers on at first but they rubbed BAD... no spacers now it only rubs on drivers side if I cut it all the way to the left