Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Laird Performance Outlaw Intake

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I just randomly came across this looking for some brake caliper adapters...

laird intake.jpg

I like the idea of not crossing over the exhaust manifold,and removing the two bends in the induction hose but are there really any gains to be had here on a stock turbo? Why bother re-inventing the wheel?

I know we are a mostly US based forum, but would any of our international members have any information on this?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The frequency with which some of the /hybrid turbo/BT/'edge tuned', big fuel people on here change their spark plugs would prevent them from using this system, given it has to be removed every time that maintenance is done. [wink]

I don't care about it (mine has been off since day one), but many on here also INSIST on keeping their engine covers on as well, so they would not go for this, regardless of how much actual 'power' it makes.

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Mine is off due to the vacuum fitting blocking it from sitting correctly. I can't see there being much gain from this, but for a track focused car, I could see it being a potential boon

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Hot air intake system 🥵
Its possible lol. It may be identical to the stock one seeing as its going over the engine vs going over the turbo... But more than likely its the same difference.

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
I dont think having a filter stick out of the hood would be fantastic. But people remove their headlights for track days and whatnot.

I dont think having a filter stick out of the hood would be fantastic. But people remove their headlights for track days and whatnot.
Well anyone with a 2J intake isn’t really all there anyway if you know what I mean 😳

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
a little bit different take on this type of intake routing but we will have something from another company in the UK very soon like this

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #17
a little bit different take on this type of intake routing but we will have something from another company in the UK very soon like this

this looks cool but it adds even more bends. The Laird one is nice and straight lol

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
this looks cool but it adds even more bends. The Laird one is nice and straight lol
I didn't design either one but you can use the stock, ST200, RAMAIR, itg etc intakes with the one I posted
Agreed, less bends / the increase of power is negligible at best