Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Latest Sync 3 update adds “Fleet Telematics”???

Just downloaded and installed the latest Sync update from owner.ford.com. Went through the whole process and got the final “remove usb and restart car“ screen confurming it installed correctly. About screen shows Sync3 3.0 Build 19205 which is the latest and greatest. Noticed it added a new page on the settings screen, but when I went over to it it was a blank box with no icon labeled as “Sync Connect”. Thought this was weird because out cars don’t have embedded modems. Clicked the button and all it shows is a screen that says “Fleet Telematics Enabled”. Nothing else, no options. Anyone know what this is or how to disable it?

EDIT: Forgot Ford has a support phone line that works till 11pm. Called them. After a Master Reset, the option is gone.

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
A Fleet Telematics System allows the information exchange between a commercial vehicle fleet and their central authority, i.e., the dispatching office. A FTS typically consists of mobile Vehicle Systems and a stationary Fleet Communication System. Wikipedia

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
A Fleet Telematics System allows the information exchange between a commercial vehicle fleet and their central authority, i.e., the dispatching office. A FTS typically consists of mobile Vehicle Systems and a stationary Fleet Communication System. Wikipedia
I know that, and I know Ford has a solution for commercial customers. I was mostly wondering why my Fiesta suddenly decided it was part if a Fleet. I bought it new, I’m the first and only registered owner, never been part of any fleet program or anything.