Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lemon cars......is it always the factories fault?

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
We refused to take delivery on a new Ford 4 months ago because the idiot dealer left the windows down for a 6 hour storm. The car had 4 inches of water on the floors and the seats were drenched because they just put the windows up and did nothing to dry it out for days. And they acted shocked when we walked, like we were going to take that car home, really? My previous field was electronics, in a few years that car will start to have electrical problems, usually intermittent at first from the corrosion on the wires and connectors. And unfortunately the factory will get the blame. We also turned one down when we found the car had an additional 150 mile on it over what they claimed and no reason for it. The store manager finally admitted looking at video and found the sales staff was taking it home some nights and one admitted to "driving it hard" so they offered a free third party engine warranty if we would take it.....we walked, the Coyote needs a careful break-in. The point is what the dealer does can create problems that will be blamed on the factory, I hate dealers! I wonder how many others have had problems at delivery that was the dealers fault?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I've had two cars lemon lawed, both because dealerships were unable to repair a car.
Both Italian, one Alfa Romeo one Fiat. When I was in my teens I volunteered repo on a dodge SRT4 after it was in for repair for 10 months, I didn't yet know about lemon law/keeping meticulous records. I learned a lot though.

- The Alfa Romeo was a piece of crap with constant electronics issues, the dealership eventually gave up and recommended I lemon law it. I'd call that a manufacturer issue.
- The Fiat just lacked competent techs to work on it - the dealership was so backlogged with DCT transmission replacements on 500l's that the day I dropped off my Abarth they said it'd be at least a month for repair. That wasn't a manufacturer issue, it was a dealership one. My entire car was replaced over an 80 dollar bearing.

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I've had two cars lemon lawed, both because dealerships were unable to repair a car.
Both Italian, one Alfa Romeo one Fiat. When I was in my teens I volunteered repo on a dodge SRT4 after it was in for repair for 10 months, I didn't yet know about lemon law/keeping meticulous records. I learned a lot though.

- The Alfa Romeo was a piece of crap with constant electronics issues, the dealership eventually gave up and recommended I lemon law it. I'd call that a manufacturer issue.
- The Fiat just lacked competent techs to work on it - the dealership was so backlogged with DCT transmission replacements on 500l's that the day I dropped off my Abarth they said it'd be at least a month for repair. That wasn't a manufacturer issue, it was a dealership one. My entire car was replaced over an 80 dollar bearing.
My first car..... 1959 Fiat 600D. I was convinced in my mind I would do an Abarth upgrade. Hell theses cars competed in LeMans in the day and an Abarth was a terror at the time! Loved it till I downshifted to what I thought was 3rd but was 1st and left the transmission on the road in multiple pieces. Loved that car, started driving it at 12 years old
getting all 4 gears and stopping in 75 feet before hitting the garage. To this day I love small white cars like my FiST!
inbox_16631__draft_1497057699591.jpeg

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
My first car..... 1959 Fiat 600D. I was convinced in my mind I would do an Abarth upgrade. Hell theses cars competed in LeMans in the day and an Abarth was a terror at the time! Loved it till I downshifted to what I thought was 3rd but was 1st and left the transmission on the road in multiple pieces. Loved that car, started driving it at 12 years old
getting all 4 gears and stopping in 75 feet before hitting the garage. To this day I love small white cars like my FiST!
View attachment 24715
My friend had an impala with a powerglide trans, we used to shift it into reverse while driving down the road to smoke the tires.
Being a teenager was rad. Invincible!

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
My friend had an impala with a powerglide trans, we used to shift it into reverse while driving down the road to smoke the tires.
Being a teenager was rad. Invincible!
My dad brought home an Impala 427 SS in 65 or 66 for my mom, metallic Lavender with white bucket seats. My Mom took one look at the SS 427 emblem and told him to bring it back! She asked him what the hell is he thinking with 2 teenage sons to soon be driving it. He came back with a 195 hp 283/ powerglide that my brother and I did our best to kill and never could. Put it in neutral floor it and drop it into gear to get rubber! My dad was also an Edsel fan, we had two!