Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lemon Law, Anyone?

Ha, Frankiefiesta, it was a bit unsettling when we got that piston ring letter from Honda about my wife's CRV... I'll put up with a few Fiesta dash rattles with no complaint, thank you. My car makes a bit of a whistling noise. Nothing alarming, I figure it's charge air traveling around the FMIC track.

It sucks, but glad it all worked out. The early 2016s had the cooling fan relay issue and mine burnt the engine wiring harness. I dropped the car off on a Monday and after finding out the harness was on backorder got a free brand spanking new 2017 Fusion rental. It had 13 miles on it. Wednesday afternoon I got the call that my car was ready to go. My only complaint with the whole process was that I was expecting it to take longer and I filled the Fusions tank all the way up. lol

But it all worked out for me. Even the good products have some bad parts and eventually you run into one with the amount that is put out. Same thing I see with computer parts. We have our favorite brands, but sometimes we have parts from our favorite brands be DOA or have issues.

Need a bit of clarification. The lemon law applies for vehicles which have had a single instance of an "un-resolvable" issue. Let's say my transmission is grinding and after three (or more) visits they cannot find/repair the problem - the lemon law would be an option. What about sheer amount of total repairs for a vehicle? Lets say the vehicle has been to the dealer a total of 4 times (not counting return visits once the part had shipped-in, which would bring it to 6 visits) in the past year for separate issues ranging from water leaking, electronic gremlins, mechanical issues, etc.

Appreciate whatever knowledge you can share as I'm aware the law may vary between states.

Need a bit of clarification. The lemon law applies for vehicles which have had a single instance of an "un-resolvable" issue. Let's say my transmission is grinding and after three (or more) visits they cannot find/repair the problem - the lemon law would be an option. What about sheer amount of total repairs for a vehicle? Lets say the vehicle has been to the dealer a total of 4 times (not counting return visits once the part had shipped-in, which would bring it to 6 visits) in the past year for separate issues ranging from water leaking, electronic gremlins, mechanical issues, etc.

Appreciate whatever knowledge you can share as I'm aware the law may vary between states.
You show to be in Hawaii, and a quick Google search turned up a few things:

Under the Lemon Law, a consumer has a period of 2 years or 24,000 miles to bring the defect to the attention of the manufacturer or the dealer acting as a representative of the manufacturer. In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
The vehicle in question must be new and under warranty when the defect or malfunction occurs.
The problem under warranty must somehow affect the market value of the car, the ability to use it, or its safety.
You have taken the vehicle into a garage for 3 attempts to fix the same malfunction and the problem was not resolved.
OR
The cumulative time the vehicle spends in the shop adds up to 30 days within 2 years.
OR
The defect is so serious that it renders the vehicle so unsafe it could cause death.
Read these links and if you think you fit, it might be worth contacting an attorney...

http://cca.hawaii.gov/rico/scap_llaw/
http://www.dmv.org/hi-hawaii/automotive-law/lemon-law.phphttps://www.carlemon.com/lemon/hi_lemonguide.html

PS - I'm not an attorney, the preceding information was found by Google.