Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Levels Inter-cooler.

Jaykup20

Hey guys,

Im having an odd issue.....this morning i installed my new inter-cooler on my 2016 fist and went for a test drive.....was initially impressed with how quickly the temps dropped after hard acceleration......its been about 5 hours....took another ride....and was having the opposite experience....it was almost like i had to put my car under load to get the temps to drop.....any ideas?

Hey guys,

Im having an odd issue.....this morning i installed my new inter-cooler on my 2016 fist and went for a test drive.....was initially impressed with how quickly the temps dropped after hard acceleration......its been about 5 hours....took another ride....and was having the opposite experience....it was almost like i had to put my car under load to get the temps to drop.....any ideas?
Was there a large difference in speed between the two rides? Not to seem silly but if you were going more slowly the second time around less airflow would reduce the intercoolers cooling capacity. Maybe I don't fully understand what you are getting at.

OP
J

Jaykup20

Thread Starter #3
no, both rides were 50-60mph

let me give more detail.

OK guys, having an issue with my charge temps.....so as a few of you have seen i installed my levels inter-cooler this morning.....went for a ride and was really impressed at how quickly temps were dropping after hard acceleration.....fast forward 5 hours, go for another ride, and im experiencing something different......like the only time my temps want to drop is if i put the engine under lite load and my temps are staying about 7-8* above ambient and will climb unless i load the engine. thoughts?

My only guess would be similar to what I said before but on the opposite end. It may be because when just cruising along under minimal load not in boost the intake air velocity is relatively low compared to being spooled up. So it's a similar principle. Hopefully others will chime in.

OP
J

Jaykup20

Thread Starter #5
that was kind of what i was thinking....like if there is no air passing through....then how would it cool....but im a noob so.......lol

Yeah, velocity plays a very big part in cooling on both ends. As long as it isn't spiking up real high and staying there I'm sure it's just the characteristics of your setup.

Looks normal to me. Your charge temps may fluctuate a lot but they seem to stay within a few degree range through various conditions, aside from when you were stopped at the beginning. I'd say everything is ok.