Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

lightweight floor mats

Siestarider

Being a weight nerd, i picked up a set of 3D Maxpider floor mats for my Fist when first purchased. Had never heard of them before. Seems like I ordered them from Etrailer.

Always been a Weathertech user, but Maxpider form fit front mats are much lighter and have proven very durable, effective and look good. Only flaw is surface marring where I push clutch pedal to floor, and one of the carpet holes is not exactly in right place.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Hmm.. Do the stock mats even weigh 5 lbs all together? Any weight saved it worth it but why not just drive without mats if the ultimate goal is to shed lbs ?

OP
S

Siestarider

Thread Starter #3
I doubt the Maxpider mats weigh 1 lb together, I do not have a sensitive enough scale to measure them.

Strictly practical, sandy watery environment here, its a DD, I love tracking in rain, good thing since afternoon rain is common, but mostly don't want wet muddy or sandy carpet, easy to pull and dump sand when dry, lighter than stock carpets. Lips all the way around so water does not spill out.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Makes absolute sense to me, weight is the enemy so if you must have something to protect the car use the lowest weight parts you can:)

A few lbs here and there does not make a big difference except on extreme ends or top of the car and far more so when talking about wheels and tires, unsprung rotational mass hugely effects all aspects. If you use the whole car concept and keep it all as light as makes sense the gains can be amazing, my car is close to 200lbs lighter now with wheels and tires being 40+ lbs lighter alone!

It all adds up to more fun for those into getting the most out of our cars.

JWA

I like that they offer their floor liner style mats in both a rubbery/plastic surface, along the lines of WeatherTech, but that they also offer them in a carpeted surface. That's a lot more comfortable, especially on longer drives because your feet aren't sliding around.

I purchased Maxpider front rubber mats from Amazon a few months ago. I also had the issue with the clutch so I trimmed some of the mat to clear the pedal. The mats perform very well and the texture on the mat makes it look more like carpeting unlike the WeatherTech products.