Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lollipop Update adds applink support

I recently had my phone updated from kitkat to lollipop and noticed that applink with MFT works perfectly. I have full control over spotify and Pandora. It also displays song info all through Bluetooth.

It's the small victories.

Cool! It's weird, mine doesn't seem to do that... I'm on Lollipop as well. Granted it could be because I'm running Cyanide L

I recently had my phone updated from kitkat to lollipop and noticed that applink with MFT works perfectly. I have full control over spotify and Pandora. It also displays song info all through Bluetooth.

WTF. I've been on Lollipop since I got my car and that's never happened. Pandora doesn't display song info at all, although I can use the forward button to skip to the next song.

Same here. Pandora used to display song info but not anymore. I have tried to unpair my phone and reinstall Pandora but with no luck. Any othe suggestions

Hi Azov,

Since AppLink isn't supported on MyFord Touch systems, it sounds like you may actually be accessing Pandora and Spotify through Bluetooth audio. I'm glad to hear that the song info is displaying now! The software version of the phone can certainly impact the functionality with MyFord Touch. Let me know if any questions come up! :)

Cool! It's weird, mine doesn't seem to do that... I'm on Lollipop as well. Granted it could be because I'm running Cyanide L
WTF. I've been on Lollipop since I got my car and that's never happened. Pandora doesn't display song info at all, although I can use the forward button to skip to the next song.
Same here. Pandora used to display song info but not anymore. I have tried to unpair my phone and reinstall Pandora but with no luck. Any othe suggestions
Hey HomeLite, NightWatchman, and dw2b22.

The MyFord Touch software version (along with the phone's software version) can affect how your device interacts with MyFord Touch. Check to make sure yours is up to date by logging in at: http://owner.ford.com/ Once you're in, click the SYNC & HOW TOS tab, then click CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES. The website will show if any software updates are available for your specific VIN.

Kim

I'd recommend switching to iHeartRadio instead. Song info displays just fine.

I started on Pandora years back, then I tried iHeartRadio for a while because it felt like their algorithms were better, then I switched back to Pandora because it seemed like their algorithms improved again, but the Pandora software has way too many bugs for such a mature app that's been out for years (and I'm speaking as a software developer). For whatever reason they don't use the standard BlueTooth song info display. Once in a while just the right combination of BT receiver and version (SYNC in our case), Android OS version, and Pandora App version all align in just the right configuration and the song info appears, but more often than not it doesn't.

I was impressed when they released a Pebble Pandora app, but it stopped working ages ago, and they haven't fixed it in like a year. I finally filed a support request with them a couple of days ago about the Pebble and their answer was essentially "We don't support the latest devices because it's too much trouble." They don't even care enough to put in the effort to make sure their software works well so I just said forget it and switched back to iHeartRadio.