Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Long distances in a FIST

I bought mine on ebay used with 900 miles on it from Virginia, I went and got it left about 8AM in the morning, drove it back home to Kansas (~1000+ miles), I think I got home at 2AM only stopping at gas stations and once to walk around because I was so tired at 1AM. I didn't have any issues at all, I am 6'0, 180, healthy with a strong back. I think the seating position and posture works pretty well for long trips, hope that helps.

Here you go: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100119304447004.1073741837.227301820&type=1&l=7c0b87b23d

I wrote a daily journal about the trip too, but that's for my personal read :).
Nice. I looked through the whole album. Did you have a general plan in place or just drive? I'd like to just take a week to drive around, but I'd have to have some sort of a plan in place even if I didn't completely follow it.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
China doesn't look too bad if you've got money. But then again, no place is bad if you've got money.

XuperXero

Nice. I looked through the whole album. Did you have a general plan in place or just drive? I'd like to just take a week to drive around, but I'd have to have some sort of a plan in place even if I didn't completely follow it.
Not a single destination. Just got on highway and kept driving. Hotels were all booked on the road through phone app whenever I got tired and was reaching the nearest city.

China doesn't look too bad if you've got money. But then again, no place is bad if you've got money.
China's cheaper =P, 4 star hotels for 20-30 USD made the trip very affordable. Gas was the biggest expense.

Sorry for thread jack. Moral of the story: FiST in long trip is:
1. Comfy enough
2. HELL LOTTA FUN whenever a mountain road comes in.
3. Insanely good gas mileage for the power
4. Good brakes, superb handling and lot of punch = best combo for avoiding accidents

Not a single destination. Just got on highway and kept driving. Hotels were all booked on the road through phone app whenever I got tired and was reaching the nearest city.

China's cheaper =P, 4 star hotels for 20-30 USD made the trip very affordable. Gas was the biggest expense.

Sorry for thread jack. Moral of the story: FiST in long trip is:
1. Comfy enough
2. HELL LOTTA FUN whenever a mountain road comes in.
3. Insanely good gas mileage for the power
4. Good brakes, superb handling and lot of punch = best combo for avoiding accidents

Central FL to Vegas last year right near 5,000 miles round trip. A great interstate rollerskate.....as long as the road isn't rough.

I've done the LA-SF round trip several times and the only complaint was road noise from the aggressive tires I tend to run. I love the Recaros for long drives and get out feeling better than any other car I've ever owned with stock seats.

To be fair, I've daily driven and done long drives in fixed race bucket seats, so I'm weird.

Done a few 5 hour trips one way and a bunch of cruises. I have recaros and nav, but my lower back and knees are shot from dirtbike racing and I was fine for all my trips and so were the passengers. Car was lodes on most of those trips. I don't think the ride is all that bad.

But this is my first new car in used to driving old vws, muscle cars and lifted jeeps.

I took a day trip from DFW to Hot Springs, AR yesterday. I have the Recaros and I was plenty comfortable. I spent most of my day in the car driving the 640 or so miles. Probably 11 hours in the car. I didn't feel cramped when I got home or anything. Obviously there's going to be some discomfort from sitting in a car that long no matter what car it is. I've had more discomfort in my old car in much less time. I wish I had more time to stick around in Arkansas longer. There's a lot of roads there that the Fiesta would excel on.

I did a recent Tampa to Miami road trip in the ST and loved it! I was really surprised how comfy it was. I do have the recaro seats too! Great mpg going 80 the whole time. Love this thing.

-Brian

went from CP-E around DC to the Ecoboost shootout in Bowling green, TN which was 1400 miles round trip.

I was really happy with how the car performed. On some of the mountain roads in WV I was averaging 95mph so my gas mileage kinda sucked but the car is super stable at high speeds.

Overall very comfortable and I would do again.

no recaros though so that might have helped. No sleep either. drove through the night. However, I have fallen asleep laying accross the back seat and it wasn't bad but I am only 5 9.