Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking at Passenger side engine mounts.

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Resurrecting this thread - thinking of refreshing my PSMM since the whoosh RMM is transferring more NVH that direction and fatiguing it.

How have folks liked the vibra technics insert with a stock mount after a few years?
I'm on the Vibra-Technics PSMM with a (for now) stock TMM and Whoosh Race Spec RMM, and other than wishing I upgraded the PSMM bolt that is mentioned above and plans to upgrade the TMM, I couldn't be happier with the improvement.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Resurrecting this thread - thinking of refreshing my PSMM since the whoosh RMM is transferring more NVH that direction and fatiguing it.

How have folks liked the vibra technics insert with a stock mount after a few years?
I’ve been running a mountune RMM with the powerflex inserts on both trans and passenger side mounts + the upgraded ARP bolt. It’s a little too much NVH with the “race” inserts but I suspect the street ones are great. They have all but eliminated wheel hop, however.

you might be confusing powerflex with vibratechnics. powerflex makes the inserts. vibratechnics is a complete R&R (the RMM does reuse an OEM bracket). FWIW, i read around *a lot* on this forum and vibra-technics fast road mounts are far and away the best mix of reliability, performance and livability (AKA NVH isn't horrible). The problem with the other RMMs is they're made from plastic that can't really handle the heat from the engine and break down over time. And the problem with the powerflex inserts in the transmission and passenger motor mounts is that they might also break apart just from wear. Not as big a problem if you constantly check everything on the car and you like changing stuff out from time to time. not so good if you're a "set it and forget it" type of person like me.

but that's only if money is no issue. cause if you get all three plus the passenger mount bolt replacement you're talking like $600 new for all of it. as opposed to like $200 possibly if you go whoosh RMM and powerflex inserts if you keep on eye on the FS forum here.