Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for advise on a FiST....

Hello fiesta heads! I found a 2015 fiesta ST with 52k and I have some questions before I go look at it. The owner gave me his "mod list" I'd like some feedback on if this car is setup with decent parts or not. I'm more of a stay stock and drive it kind of guy so I want to make sure this isnt a jank setup before I buy the car, thanks in advance!
Here's the mod list:
Injen cat back exhaust
Injen cold air intake
2jr catless downpipe
Turbosmart 50/50 bov
Cobb 160° thermostat
and a Cobb access port tuner

my final question is do the fiesta st's need aftermarket motor mounts like the focus st's do with gnarly tunes from the access port? Thanks again!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is this a DD? if so id ditch the 160* Thermostat if your in a cooler climate and roll with a 180*. You don't necessarily need after market motor mounts. There are a couple made by Vibratechnics and TTR. I'd check them out for tearing or wear. There are also inserts you can buy for the stock mounts if you feel so inclined....Ron@ whoosh sells them. Other than that looks like an alright deal...get an independent inspection also....Don't take someone's word for it that the car is "MINT" Or a "Runner"....good luck!

Bone stock the FiST needs a Rear Motor Mount (RMM). All you need to be convinced of that is to hear the cylinder head slapping the firewall when you push the car hard enough to get Wheel Hop. I suspect that this car has had the RMM replaced but the owner forgot to mention that in his mod list. So be sure to ASK about the RMM.

In your position I would be asking if he still has the original Downpipe. Because driving a car without a Catalytic Converter on the street is a violation of Federal Law and subject to a 10,000 fine. Note, unless you replace the Turbo with a larger one there is ZERO benefit to using an aftermarket Downpipe with or without a CAT. In your position I would put the OEM catalytic converter on the car and if the previous owner doesn't have the original then take the cost of the factory downpipe off the price of the car. I will also note that NONE of the aftermarket Catalytic Converters carry a CARB registration tag and I have seen indication that some of these Catted DP's only have an empty shell for the catalytic converter.

Yeah, I know, most states don't require emissions testing nowadays. Be aware that there are Mobile Testing methods today that can be mounted in a normal looking SUV and some states are using these to survey cars on the road for compliance. So don't assume that you won't be "tested". In addition what is policy today isn't a guarantee that testing requirements won't change in the future. In addition running without a CAT means that you are needlessly introducing more crud into the air.

OP
N
Thread Starter #10
Is this a DD? if so id ditch the 160* Thermostat if your in a cooler climate and roll with a 180*. You don't necessarily need after market motor mounts. There are a couple made by Vibratechnics and TTR. I'd check them out for tearing or wear. There are also inserts you can buy for the stock mounts if you feel so inclined....Ron@ whoosh sells them. Other than that looks like an alright deal...get an independent inspection also....Don't take someone's word for it that the car is "MINT" Or a "Runner"....good luck!
Thanks for all the info on what's available for motor mounts!

OP
N
Thread Starter #11
Bone stock the FiST needs a Rear Motor Mount (RMM). All you need to be convinced of that is to hear the cylinder head slapping the firewall when you push the car hard enough to get Wheel Hop. I suspect that this car has had the RMM replaced but the owner forgot to mention that in his mod list. So be sure to ASK about the RMM.

In your position I would be asking if he still has the original Downpipe. Because driving a car without a Catalytic Converter on the street is a violation of Federal Law and subject to a 10,000 fine. Note, unless you replace the Turbo with a larger one there is ZERO benefit to using an aftermarket Downpipe with or without a CAT. In your position I would put the OEM catalytic converter on the car and if the previous owner doesn't have the original then take the cost of the factory downpipe off the price of the car. I will also note that NONE of the aftermarket Catalytic Converters carry a CARB registration tag and I have seen indication that some of these Catted DP's only have an empty shell for the catalytic converter.

Yeah, I know, most states don't require emissions testing nowadays. Be aware that there are Mobile Testing methods today that can be mounted in a normal looking SUV and some states are using these to survey cars on the road for compliance. So don't assume that you won't be "tested". In addition what is policy today isn't a guarantee that testing requirements won't change in the future. In addition running without a CAT means that you are needlessly introducing more crud into the air.
Yeah man, I 100% agree with you about your comments about the exhaust. I asked the guy if he still had all of the stock parts to make the car 100% stock again and he said he had everything besides the exhaust. Which in my opinion is the most important parts he should have kept for the car. Unless he's willing to go down on price I'm not willing to even go look at it at this point. Thanks for your time!

I’m like you with a car this new, I like to buy them stock. But slightly modified can be ok if it’s done right and hasn’t been beaten up. The rear motor mounts are quite common to do on these cars, but I don’t know about when people are doing other motor mounts.

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
a lot of people do Powerflex inserts on passenger side and drivers side upper mounts. It definitely helps in the TQ steer department if you have a tune. If you don’t have a tune its not as important the rear is the one most everyone does .On the RMM many choices best suggestion is read up and make an informed decision. Though it has been stated in the past if you preload the factory rear it helps as well.