Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for good mount for accessport

Hello,
I’m looking to get some feedback or recommendations to mount my accessport that I picked up here. It looks like there are a few options made specifically for it, and I’ve hear that generic phone holders work well too. I’m wanting a mount I can remove when needed.
Thanks
Jessica

xxiaze

I got an Amazon one for like 10$ and it’s bad ass, suction cups to the windshield. It fell off once during sub zero winter but I’ve had it on for like 8 months no issues other than the one occasion. Cheap and perfect.

DEss

Hello,
I’m looking to get some feedback or recommendations to mount my accessport that I picked up here. It looks like there are a few options made specifically for it, and I’ve hear that generic phone holders work well too. I’m wanting a mount I can remove when needed.
Thanks
Jessica
I use this - https://smile.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MA...prefix=suction+cup+mount+magne,aps,280&sr=8-5

I route the cable behind the dash and up the a-piller a bit. It's suction, so will sometimes lose contact with the windshield when it's freezing. Just need to wipe the suction cup and windshield area with some iso-hol and it'll be good for a few months again.

DEss

SrsBsns

I use this - https://smile.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MAGWDM-MagicMount-Universal-Magnetic/dp/B00I9I8WGY/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2YU5R5GGXGGI6&dchild=1&keywords=suction+cup+mount+magnetic&qid=1596737846&sprefix=suction+cup+mount+magne,aps,280&sr=8-5

I route the cable behind the dash and up the a-piller a bit. It's suction, so will sometimes lose contact with the windshield when it's freezing. Just need to wipe the suction cup and windshield area with some iso-hol and it'll be good for a few months again.

DEss
I bought this same one and love it.

I have mine mounted on the windshield, just above the AC vent. I run the cable down into the steering column and to the OBD-II port.

Not a great pic of the mount, but you can see where I have it:

Wes7

I use this - https://smile.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MA...prefix=suction+cup+mount+magne,aps,280&sr=8-5

DEss
I use one like this from the local parts shop, and it works great. It’s nice to be able to just pop it off the magnet when you want to hide it or adjust settings.

I initially had the Scosche mount--and I liked it. But it seemed a little short for my taste, and because it was suspended it caused the AP to shake/move around a little during hard driving.

I changed to this longer suction mount and I love it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079Y8B54J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's long enough to sit low against the dash, which adds stability and keeps it more low-profile.

IMG_3119.jpg IMG_3118.jpg

PhoenixM3

I initially had the Scosche mount--and I liked it. But it seemed a little short for my taste, and because it was suspended it caused the AP to shake/move around a little during hard driving.

I changed to this longer suction mount and I love it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079Y8B54J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's long enough to sit low against the dash, which adds stability and keeps it more low-profile.

View attachment 33421 View attachment 33420
Is the mount pretty rigid? I have a suction cup mount now, but don’t need it so high in the window. It also interferes with installing a window shade.

Is the mount pretty rigid? I have a suction cup mount now, but don’t need it so high in the window. It also interferes with installing a window shade.
It seems pretty rigid—I didn’t notice any difference in rigidity between it and the Scosche. Those are the only two suction/arm mounts I’ve used, so I don’t have anything else to compare it to.
I think most of the stability comes from the ability to basically lay it against the dash. If it was suspended, the AP might even shake more than it did with the Scosche (due to the added arm length).
I really only use this setup to monitor oil and coolant temperatures at the track/autox. Otherwise, I keep my AP in the house.