Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking into buying

ComTlancy

Hey guys! I'm kind of new into the car world but I've always like hatchbacks. Anyways I was wondering If anyone had any advise on buying a Fiesta ST. What kind of things should I avoid or what I is a good deal, that kind of thing. Also I've seen there's bunch of sub models of the ST, what's that about?

Thanks!

anticon

My 2 cents, get Recaros, if you fit in them. All other stock options, black wheels/red calipers, moonroof, nav, etc are not worth it in my opinion. You will probably want 2017 or newer as some things were worked out in later models. I think 2018 got a backup camera though. And the paint sucks, it will likely have rock chips if it wasn't protected. I think the ones that came with all season tires had non performance brake pads, I might be wrong. These things get modded pretty fast so be on the lookout, you can pick them up well modded and save the cost of you doing it later.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Look into identifying stock vs modified ie symposer delete, intercooler, intake. I agree on the recaros they were a must for me. Maybe also check the inner door and hatch seams. Look for signs of bubbling or flaking or corrosion as these are prone to it. At the very least maybe you can use it to get a few bucks off. (Although unlikely these days) dealers know what they got.

Definitely look for rust at the lower inner seams of the doors. My 2017 has rust through one maybe two of the doors and the Ford body guy says that once it's through the metal the doors are condemned and will have to be replaced. Well good luck on finding doors in the Ford inventory. It's been a month and nothing back from them yet. I'm still within the 5 years so can wait them out for another 7 months. Good luck and take your time when buying.

I am on the other end of this, thinking about selling my 2019 with a tad over 10,000 miles, srock and 15" winter rims and Michelin X-Ice winter tires.

Have never found time to go to the autocross races and they are only within 300 miles of me one or two times a summer. It's a shit winter car unless you live in town, too low, and even the stock RMM is super stiff at under 0F and causes a lot of vibration.

No idea what it's worth. As said 'dealers know what they got' as I saw a similar car as mine 350 miles away with 9000 miles for more than I paid brand new 2 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk