Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking to increase engine and turbo spool sound?

CSM

1000 Post Club
Jeff's absolutely right. From everything I have read about the CPE intake. it is the loudest out there.
Disagree. I had the Injen intake when I was OEM turbo, switched to CPE when I did the X37 install and it's much quieter... By a longshot.

CPE has an enclosure around the element that quiets it up a bit compared to Injen, AEM, etc

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Disagree. I had the Injen intake when I was OEM turbo, switched to CPE when I did the X37 install and it's much quieter... By a longshot.

CPE has an enclosure around the element that quiets it up a bit compared to Injen, AEM, etc
Maybe it’s the loudest enclosed box?

OP
B
Thread Starter #50
No. Look up Dizzys intake tests on a Dyno. They were one of the top performers IIRC
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/dizzy-tuning-intake-tests.16804/

I have no idea what the AEM intake setup is, it looks similar to the injen but is it different? They tested the AEM intake. So no real difference in airboxes and cone filter setups when it comes to peak power. Have to assume the graphs are similar since none are linked to that thread.

CSM

1000 Post Club

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
If the u are looking for maximum intake noise at minimum expense I would recommend looking into a 2J Racing intake.
https://www.2j-racing.com/fiesta-st/pre-order-2jr-fiesta-st-cowl-induction-intake.html
every 2j recommendation should come with the caveat "make sure you're tuned for it, and it's awful to install and maintain". It does sound good, but god is it a bitch to install without *any* documentation from 2j. Unless they spontaneously started actually supporting the product, that is. I think there's a long thread on the forums here, the ownership/post sales experience usually amounts to "thanks for your purchase, f--k you"

It does sound great though - but its like eating cake every day, too much of a good thing. Want to listen to music? Nope. Want to have a quiet conversation? Nope. Want to have a phonecall using the built in bluetooth? Nope. Maybe if you live somewhere flat it's less intrusive, but if you live somewhere hilly at all, it gets old really quick.

Note: I like my mods tidy. I like well engineered, documented, supported products. I don't want pcv hoses flopping around, I don't want an intake pipe rubbing the insulation off of wires on a sensor on the back of the engine, etc. With the 2j, you really *do* get what you pay for.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I guess it's all relative....each person has their own tolerance for car noises...I like a subtle rumble and a bit of whooshing but that's where it stops. Car people hear my cars and know something's been done, but it's not so obvious that every head turns when I pull into the parking lot. I've experimented with loud exhausts and intakes before but after about 20 minutes of drone or constant whooshing the novelty wears off. Probably part of not being 25 anymore too. When I was younger I looked for stimulation. Now I seek the opposite, I want peace in my life.

That said I love my car where it's at right now....

View: https://youtu.be/yD5-zZ27A7g?t=113

I guess it's all relative....each person has their own tolerance for car noises...I like a subtle rumble and a bit of whooshing but that's where it stops. Car people hear my cars and know something's been done, but it's not so obvious that every head turns when I pull into the parking lot. I've experimented with loud exhausts and intakes before but after about 20 minutes of drone or constant whooshing the novelty wears off. Probably part of not being 25 anymore too. When I was younger I looked for stimulation. Now I seek the opposite, I want peace in my life.

That sounds perfect! I hear ya... I'm 40 and don't want to piss off my neighbors or listen to drone either. I was very careful to select mods that scale with the throttle. My thermal exhaust and little Mountune bov are almost indistinguishable from stock when I drive easy... but I can make mf'ers jump when I romp on it (best of both worlds 🤣).

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That sounds perfect! I hear ya... I'm 40 and don't want to piss off my neighbors or listen to drone either. I was very careful to select mods that scale with the throttle. My thermal exhaust and little Mountune bov are almost indistinguishable from stock when I drive easy... but I can make mf'ers jump when I romp on it (best of both worlds 🤣).
The perfect way to do it. I love the mountune BOV. My Garrett turbo is strangely much quieter than the stock one. Maybe needs more boost than 28 psi to make noises. I’m fairly sure I get the occasional fireball from the exhaust but that’ll go away when I put the catted dp on

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

Yeah after spending several grand building exhausts for fun and playing with the 2j, and several other intakes - I went to a whoosh intake and a resonator delete on stock exhaust and its just about perfect. I like how much it burbles at low speed with the resonator delete

I have a ITG Maxogen and I get all the turbo sounds. (I also have, Mountune intake hose, whoosh crossover, GFB DV+)