Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looks like there are shifter cage bushings too

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I just wonder that if you used these, plus the boomba bushings, would it make things too rigid. As in would it make the shifter linkages pop off easier because there is no give.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have solid metal welded to the cable bracket DIY bushings and at the shifter I used some long nuts to make standoffs and solidly mounted the unit and it is very very precise but for now the verdict is out as only drove it a tiny bit and I need a longer shift knob as purposely made my DIY short shifter very short to compensate for a tall knob. I also modded the shifter mount to make it taller as well, my stock shifter is approx 2.75" higher than it came from the factory and I want at least another 2 or more inches in height, short, solid throws, faster and less missed gears that way but it will need a heavier shift knob to control the action a bit.

I have had many short shifters and modded housings, bushings, etc, started doing my own, mostly, back in the early 70's. You can make it to solid, to precise, notchy, harder to be accurate, if not all done in a balanced way so for some this may be to much for their needs but some experienced in such things will need to try it and review it.

Best to get info from those that are more experienced when possible, many parts are sold that are simply not the best place to spend your hard earned money, not talking about this particular part, just the business of selling "speed" is sometimes no always about the end user. If not for DIY I would buy a set and give them a try for sure!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I have solid metal welded to the cable bracket DIY bushings and at the shifter I used some long nuts to make standoffs and solidly mounted the unit and it is very very precise but for now the verdict is out as only drove it a tiny bit and I need a longer shift knob as purposely made my DIY short shifter very short to compensate for a tall knob. I also modded the shifter mount to make it taller as well, my stock shifter is approx 2.75" higher than it came from the factory and I want at least another 2 or more inches in height, short, solid throws, faster and less missed gears that way but it will need a heavier shift knob to control the action a bit.

I have had many short shifters and modded housings, bushings, etc, started doing my own, mostly, back in the early 70's. You can make it to solid, to precise, notchy, harder to be accurate, if not all done in a balanced way so for some this may be to much for their needs but some experienced in such things will need to try it and review it.

Best to get info from those that are more experienced when possible, many parts are sold that are simply not the best place to spend your hard earned money, not talking about this particular part, just the business of selling "speed" is sometimes no always about the end user. If not for DIY I would buy a set and give them a try for sure!
Very well put and I agree.