Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Loss of power in 1st gear

This only happens on the first start in the morning. I reverse out of drive. When I start moving off in 1 st gear, and car gets to about 2000-2500 revs it just loses power, as if someone has applied the brake slightly. Then after this it moves away no problem and it wont happen again that day. It does not happen every day, but does happen regularly. Has anyone else had this issue? PLEASE HELP!!!

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
This only happens on the first start in the morning. I reverse out of drive. When I start moving off in 1 st gear, and car gets to about 2000-2500 revs it just loses power, as if someone has applied the brake slightly. Then after this it moves away no problem and it wont happen again that day. It does not happen every day, but does happen regularly. Has anyone else had this issue? PLEASE HELP!!!
Does your check engine light appear? It sounds like a possible fuel related issue.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Does your check engine light appear? It sounds like a possible fuel related issue.
As far as I know I have not seen the engine light come on. 99% sure. It feels like a fuel thing but just don't know.

LonestarRS

I shall get dealer to check it. But car has only done 500 miles. Thanks for your comment
For some reason since you are from the UK I thought you had an older RS. If it only has 500 miles I doubt if its the fuel pump or anything fuel related. I wonder if there are any loose hoses that is keeping your car from making boost.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
For some reason since you are from the UK I thought you had an older RS. If it only has 500 miles I doubt if its the fuel pump or anything fuel related. I wonder if there are any loose hoses that is keeping your car from making boost.
It is in on Thursday to be looked at so will see what they say. Yeah its a 2017 car. Hope they find something and get it sorted. thanks again

LonestarRS

It is in on Thursday to be looked at so will see what they say. Yeah its a 2017 car. Hope they find something and get it sorted. thanks again
Keep us posted. Other than that how are you enjoying the new RS?

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
Keep us posted. Other than that how are you enjoying the new RS?
Absolutely love the car. It is amazing and just sticks to the road. Have not had it at its full potential yet till it is run in a wee bit. Had an ST before which was great, but this car is just amazing. You enjoying yours?

LonestarRS

Absolutely love the car. It is amazing and just sticks to the road. Have not had it at its full potential yet till it is run in a wee bit. Had an ST before which was great, but this car is just amazing. You enjoying yours?
I love mine as well, it's an absolute blast to drive. Even more fun with a tune. What color and options did you get?

OP
M
Thread Starter #11
I love mine as well, it's an absolute blast to drive. Even more fun with a tune. What color and options did you get?
I went for the Nitrous blue. Got black alloys, sync 3 with nav, lux pack with blacked out windows etc, and recaro shell seats. They are amazing seats. What about yourself?

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
I haven't heard of the lux package. Sounds nice!
Post pics and let us know when you get the problem sorted out.

OP
M
Thread Starter #13
I haven't heard of the lux package. Sounds nice!
Post pics and let us know when you get the problem sorted out.
Just got told by dealer they could find no fault. Admittedly its not done it in last couple of days so will keep an eye on it and see what happens. Lux pack is just the blackened windows, power folding mirrors, etc. Not too sure what is luxury about it haha

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Just got told by dealer they could find no fault. Admittedly its not done it in last couple of days so will keep an eye on it and see what happens. Lux pack is just the blackened windows, power folding mirrors, etc. Not too sure what is luxury about it haha
Well I hope it doesn't come back.

I wonder if the "Lux" package was a non-US offering?

LonestarRS

LUX pack includes the sat nav. Glad there was no fault, hopefully the problem fixed itself.

OP
M
Thread Starter #16
LUX pack includes the sat nav. Glad there was no fault, hopefully the problem fixed itself.
Thanks. Lux pack in uk does not include sat nav. It included folding mirrors, parking sensors, tinted windows, key free system, and cruise control. The sat nav was a seperate option here.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Interesting how we have different packages. I have the Sat NAV, but non of the other things (except cruise).
I have a moonroof, heated mirrors, seats and steering wheel, and the SYNC3 with full NAV. And I got the winter wheel/tire package.

OP
M
Thread Starter #18
Interesting how we have different packages. I have the Sat NAV, but non of the other things (except cruise).
I have a moonroof, heated mirrors, seats and steering wheel, and the SYNC3 with full NAV. And I got the winter wheel/tire package.
We dont get the offer of the winter wheels package. This would be good though as I live in the North of Scotland and usually put winter tires on each year, so would be good if they offered us this. I couldnt get heated seats as I had the recaro shell seats fitted as an option. But I believe they were not available in US due to some safety law or something?

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
We dont get the offer of the winter wheels package. This would be good though as I live in the North of Scotland and usually put winter tires on each year, so would be good if they offered us this. I couldnt get heated seats as I had the recaro shell seats fitted as an option. But I believe they were not available in US due to some safety law or something?
We have Recaros, but I'm sue they are some sort of hybrid. I'm always surprised that our "safety" laws prevent us from getting certain cars/options. I was under the impression Europe had tighter safety standards?

FYI- always wanted to get to Scotland... got some heritage there.

OP
M
Thread Starter #20
We have Recaros, but I'm sue they are some sort of hybrid. I'm always surprised that our "safety" laws prevent us from getting certain cars/options. I was under the impression Europe had tighter safety standards?

FYI- always wanted to get to Scotland... got some heritage there.
Scotland has some great roads for the RS. Yes I thought Euro safety laws were stricter so not sure what was the problem with the seats in the US.
Have attached pic of seats in UK, although these were an expensive option